LOGIN
  • Post to the EFV-8 Forum
  • Post Classified Ads
  • Shop the Online Store
User Login

Not Registered Yet? Click Here to Sign Up!

(Forgot your Password?)
Remember me on this computer

Not registered yet?
REGISTER NOW!

Back to Home Page Show Forum Rules

Early Ford V-8 Club Forum

FORUM RULES: Users agree to these Rules when using Forum.

The site administrator reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the user agreement without prior notice to the user. It is the responsibility of the user to regularly review the terms of this agreement.

The user agrees to the following terms:

1. All information that you provide to us for your membership is correct.
  2. You will not use your membership to spam, harrass, or exploit other members in any way.
  3. Vulgar, Abusive, Racist and Sexist Language will not be tolerated.
  4. Commercial-type sales postings will not be allowed.
  5. No mass posting or flooding of the boards is allowed.
  6. No Advertising of parts or cars; no Ebay or business/commercial ads (please use the "Classified" for ads Wanted or For Sale).
  7. VIEWING MULTIPLE TOPICS ON SCREEN: You can choose to see more than 10 Topics at a time ... Log In and choose "Preferences" from the top bar on the Forum page. Scroll down and Change the "Default Topics Returned" parameter to 25 or 50, and save the changes. Since this setting is stored in your browser 'cookies' (if enabled), it seems to use that stored value even if you are not logged in. So, if you use a PC that you haven't logged into the forum from, the setting still seem to remain at the default.
  8. EXTERNAL PHOTO LINKS ON FORUM: You can still use external photo links in your posts on the new forum. They follow the rules of any link in that they have to have the URL link qualified down to the full image file name (example: .jpg). The links will open in a new browser window, the same as an uploaded image attached to a post. Since an image attachment to any post does not display inline with the post, the results are the same. You can use multiple external links within a post. This link is from photos on a site from Don Clink's 'Deuce@75' albums:

http://donclink.com/deuce_75_1/images/dscn2950.jpg

Using links from photo sites such as Photobucket can help in "size" issue with uploaded attachment files. For best viewing in web browsers, photos should be around the 800x600 pixel range, and probably not more than 1024x768. Most cameras today store HUGE jpg image files, as the default settings are in the 7, 8, 10, and 12Mb image sizes. The image files that are then attached are very large, and the browser can't display the full image size without using the scroll bars. Use the re-sizing functions of your photo editing software to reduce the image to 800x600, which reduces the file sixe and the image load time in the browser. Don uses Google's free Picassa3 software, which is an excellent photo management product. All of the photo albums of the Deuce, Grand National, and Auburn that are links on the NORG site were built using Picassa's web creation functions. And it's free? (THANKS to Don Clink for the info!)
  9. HOW DO I SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS ALONG WITH MY USERNAME? You can LogIn on the Forum, and select PREFERENCES. On this page Members can add optional information such as their City,State, Country; Occupation; Hobbies: list a Homepage; list AOL Instant Messanger Handle; Signature; "Make Email Address viewable to others;" and even change the number of Default Topics shown on a page. WHEN others click on your profile, they will see this information.

EFV-8 Club Forum / General Ford Discussion / Arel Brown tour

Reply to this DiscussionReply to Discussion | Start new discussionNew Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Arel Brown tour -- page: 1 2

Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

BrianCT
01-04-2012 @ 7:31 PM

In a previous post Alan [38v8] mentioned a possible tour being planned by Arel Brown. Could someone elaborate on the plans?
Thank you.

1934 Ford
01-06-2012 @ 8:10 AM
Senior

Arel is a great tourist. I'm sure if he plans a V8 Tour, it will be wonderful. Sign me up too.

JM
01-06-2012 @ 2:19 PM
Senior

I spoke to Arel about this at the Auburn, IN meet last summer. His thoughts were at that time to drive our Ford V8's from NY to Lake Tahoe, Nevada for the GNM in 2013. I am waiting to hear more details about this myself. I thought there might be something in the latest V8 Times about this. Maybe the next issue.

JM

This message was edited by JM on 1-6-12 @ 6:20 PM

01-06-2012 @ 3:06 PM

If Arel does a tour in his area. Count me in. He has been on many Glidden Tours. This could be one great tour. Alan

35ford
01-07-2012 @ 5:33 AM

Arel, Count me in as I am planning on driving out also.

46fordnut
01-08-2012 @ 6:32 AM

that sounds great! i wish i could go. don't think my car would not go that far. someday i will cure the ills

100 horse running wild

334 Fan
01-08-2012 @ 8:28 PM

Plans are underway for a progessive 2013 tour that will arrive in Lake Tahoe prior to the Grand National Meet. Keep in mind that this is a preliminary plan and subject to change.
The tour would start in Gettsburg, PA. It will generally follow the path of the historic Lincoln Highway. This would be a leisurely paced trip covering 250-300 miles a day and will feature planned sight seeing stops at historic sites and spots of interest to the participants. Regional groups along the way will be contacted in hopes they might host the tour and/or plan an activity or meal. V8 club members will be able to join the tour anywhere along the route and either travel with us for a couple hours, a day or the entire journey. A northern return route is being planned and may include Yellowstone and Mount Rushmore. Once the national board has approved, The exact route, overnight stops and complete plans will be available on the Club Web site and in the V-8 Times.
The V8 members planning this event consist of 2009 national president Jerry Reichel of Georgia, Bill Simons of Virgina and Arel Brown

JM
01-11-2012 @ 5:17 PM
Senior

I drove the old Lincoln Hwy from Lancaster, PA to the OH state line heading to Auburn, IN last August. Taking that route through PA was a basic nightmare for me. I never want to drive that route again in either an old Ford V8 or a modern vehicle. Traffic jams/backups everywhere and at every little cross roads town. Speed limits through some of those small towns were constantly up and down to the point I was never sure what speed I was supposed to be going. Never really saw that much scenery along the way in PA because of all the traffic congestion, poor road conditions, etc. I was never so glad in my entire life to get to Ohio and get on the four lane hwy part of Rt 30. I took that all the way to Ft. Wayne, IN and then picked up another Rt to Auburn.
If I sign up for the tour to Lake Tahoe, I would have to meet the group somewhere near the PA & OH State line

JM

This message was edited by JM on 1-11-12 @ 10:54 PM

jim5618
02-29-2012 @ 9:54 AM

I would also like to be included.... Being a total Glutton for punishment i was considering starting at Times Square..... but then again I am younger(read stupider) and my car is not a concourse winner. If I did I would start at like 3 AM or sometime without a lot of traffic. If I come to my senses, I am only an hour or so from Gettysburg. Due the fact that I am still working I would probably have to choose to ship back. My Cousin, whose father owned the car from 61 till 2011, lives in San Francisco so I am considering the end to end.

trjford8
02-29-2012 @ 6:27 PM
Senior

Jim, if you have never been on one of these long tours I will guarantee that you will have a great time. Heading out across the U.S. looking out over that vintage Ford hood is without a doubt the thrill of a lifetime. Been there and done that and will do it every chance I get. If you are a young guy it's one of those things that will help fill the bucket on your "bucket list".

<< previous || next >> 
PAGE: 1 2

NOTE: YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED USER AND BE LOGGED IN TO POST (and reply to) messages in this forum. If you are a first time user, please click the CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT in the masthead above to register and Log In. After that, all you do is LOG IN to enjoy using this site.

DISCLAIMER: The V-8 Club does no independent testing of any of the opinions, thoughts or suggestions presented in the website on the Forum, in the Tech Tips section, or any section. A reader should consider the website to be a forum wherein differing solutions to a particular set of circumstances may be discussed. Ultimately, the selection of an item for an individual's vehicle must be based upon the independent study of the vehicle owner in consultation with people in the hobby and restoration experts.

EFV-8 Club Forum Home | Back to Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

Copyright © 2009 - EFV-8.org