LOGIN
  • Post to the EFV-8 Forum
  • Post Classified Ads
  • Shop the Online Store
User Login

Not Registered Yet? Click Here to Sign Up!

(Forgot your Password?)
Remember me on this computer

Not registered yet?
REGISTER NOW!

Back to Home Page Show Forum Rules

Early Ford V-8 Club Forum

FORUM RULES: Users agree to these Rules when using Forum.

The site administrator reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the user agreement without prior notice to the user. It is the responsibility of the user to regularly review the terms of this agreement.

The user agrees to the following terms:

1. All information that you provide to us for your membership is correct.
  2. You will not use your membership to spam, harrass, or exploit other members in any way.
  3. Vulgar, Abusive, Racist and Sexist Language will not be tolerated.
  4. Commercial-type sales postings will not be allowed.
  5. No mass posting or flooding of the boards is allowed.
  6. No Advertising of parts or cars; no Ebay or business/commercial ads (please use the "Classified" for ads Wanted or For Sale).
  7. VIEWING MULTIPLE TOPICS ON SCREEN: You can choose to see more than 10 Topics at a time ... Log In and choose "Preferences" from the top bar on the Forum page. Scroll down and Change the "Default Topics Returned" parameter to 25 or 50, and save the changes. Since this setting is stored in your browser 'cookies' (if enabled), it seems to use that stored value even if you are not logged in. So, if you use a PC that you haven't logged into the forum from, the setting still seem to remain at the default.
  8. EXTERNAL PHOTO LINKS ON FORUM: You can still use external photo links in your posts on the new forum. They follow the rules of any link in that they have to have the URL link qualified down to the full image file name (example: .jpg). The links will open in a new browser window, the same as an uploaded image attached to a post. Since an image attachment to any post does not display inline with the post, the results are the same. You can use multiple external links within a post. This link is from photos on a site from Don Clink's 'Deuce@75' albums:

http://donclink.com/deuce_75_1/images/dscn2950.jpg

Using links from photo sites such as Photobucket can help in "size" issue with uploaded attachment files. For best viewing in web browsers, photos should be around the 800x600 pixel range, and probably not more than 1024x768. Most cameras today store HUGE jpg image files, as the default settings are in the 7, 8, 10, and 12Mb image sizes. The image files that are then attached are very large, and the browser can't display the full image size without using the scroll bars. Use the re-sizing functions of your photo editing software to reduce the image to 800x600, which reduces the file sixe and the image load time in the browser. Don uses Google's free Picassa3 software, which is an excellent photo management product. All of the photo albums of the Deuce, Grand National, and Auburn that are links on the NORG site were built using Picassa's web creation functions. And it's free? (THANKS to Don Clink for the info!)
  9. HOW DO I SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS ALONG WITH MY USERNAME? You can LogIn on the Forum, and select PREFERENCES. On this page Members can add optional information such as their City,State, Country; Occupation; Hobbies: list a Homepage; list AOL Instant Messanger Handle; Signature; "Make Email Address viewable to others;" and even change the number of Default Topics shown on a page. WHEN others click on your profile, they will see this information.

EFV-8 Club Forum / General Ford Discussion / Missing Nov/Dec 09 V8 Times Now In Canada

Reply to this DiscussionReply to Discussion | Start new discussionNew Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Missing Nov/Dec 09 V8 Times Now In Canada

Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

Grant
01-11-2010 @ 6:00 PM
Senior

Earlier I mentioned on this Forum that the November December 2009 V8 Times had not yet arrived here in Canada (province of Ontario, about 100 miles east of Detroit).

It came in the mail today. It's terrific, and was definitely worth the wait. Cornerstone has promised to send us a copy of the September October 2009 issue, which still hasn't gotten here.....soon I'll be the only member reading two "new" V8 Times at once !

TO MR. V8 EDITOR:

Thanks for the great magazine.

The purpose of me speaking to you directly tonight is as a result of a comment made by you recently. Apparently someone at the printer told you, or someone else at EFV8 who is equally important, that our V8 Times for Candian members are being "sent from Missouri to France and then back to Canada! ".

That is not correct....at least with respect to my copy of the November December 2009 V8 Times. There is definitely no postmark from France. According to the Canada Post sticker, it came across the border Postage Paid as Publications Mail with Local Undeliverables to: P.O. Box 4332 Station Road, Toronto Ontario M5W3J4.

You have mentioned that there will be a Board meeting in February. Perhaps the above information will be of some assistance to you there.

At one time, I had a subscription to Hemmings Motor News. Those magazines crossed at Buffalo, New York into Canada and were distributed from Fort Erie, Ontario (i.e. across the river from Buffalo) to Canadian readers.

I mean no disrespect to anyone, but couldn't there easily be a truck from the USA crossing six times a year at a major border city.....for instance Detroit Michigan into Windsor Ontario (where the Ford factory used to be).....and drop off the V8 Times issues destined for Canadian members at a Canada Post warehouse for distribution therefrom ?

If the current arrangement really does somehow involve shipping every single copy of the Canadian members' V8 Times to France, and then all the way back again across the Atlantic Ocean before Canada Post has any chance whatsoever to start delivering the magazines, could the Board perhaps elect a Ways and Means Committee in February to come up with a better plan?

I trust the American trucking industry far more than the near-bankrupt Air France operation. My suggestion, again with the utmost respect to everyone involved at the EFV8 club, is that good-old-fashioned USA truckers will get those magazines into the hands of Canada Post staff a h*lluva lot faster......our Canadian mailmen cannot even start their delivery duties if those V8 Times issues are on an Air France jet or in an Air France warehouse.

Best regards, Grant Fleming

v8teditor
01-12-2010 @ 8:21 PM

I have heard from other Canadian members who are just now getting their Nov/Dec issue, over a month late. What I mentioned the other day was for some reason the Nov/Dec issue was sent via ground rather than by air which it was supposesd to be. I was told there are only two options available - ground or air. For some reason the last issue was sent via ground. I was also told when they are sent by air, they travel to France and back again. Thus a French postmark will appear on the Jan/Feb issue as it will be sent by air. we'll see how that works.

Chevguy49Ford
01-13-2010 @ 3:08 AM

As of yesterday I still didn't have mine yet. What a letdown opening the mailbox every day and nothing in it. (Except for bills.)

Cheers, Scott.

1949 Custom Tudor.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e42/35thLE/49016.jpg

Grant
01-13-2010 @ 5:23 PM
Senior

Okay, Jerry. Thank you.

I will make a point of letting you know how The French Connection works for those of us up here in Canada.

Regards, Grant

Grant
01-13-2010 @ 5:31 PM
Senior

Scott,

You mentioned wondering about the origins of your very nice green '49 in another post recently.

One fellow thought it might actually be a Meteor. I don't think so.

If you would like to photograph the numbers on your data plate and/or above the pinch weld on your firewall, and then send the pictures to me at flatheadfleming@hotmail.com, I will check our '49 to '60 Ford dealership Service Department binders and decode the data for you.

Regards, Grant

Chevguy49Ford
01-14-2010 @ 3:38 AM

Thanks Grant. My car has no numbers stamped in the firewall above the pinch weld, but htere are two data plates. One on the driver's sdie and a smaller one on the passenger side towards the outside of the car. I will get a couple of pictures and write the data out for you as well. Thanks for the offer.

As for the V-8 Times, still a no show.

Cheers, Scott.

1949 Custom Tudor.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e42/35thLE/49016.jpg

<< previous || next >> 

NOTE: YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED USER AND BE LOGGED IN TO POST (and reply to) messages in this forum. If you are a first time user, please click the CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT in the masthead above to register and Log In. After that, all you do is LOG IN to enjoy using this site.

DISCLAIMER: The V-8 Club does no independent testing of any of the opinions, thoughts or suggestions presented in the website on the Forum, in the Tech Tips section, or any section. A reader should consider the website to be a forum wherein differing solutions to a particular set of circumstances may be discussed. Ultimately, the selection of an item for an individual's vehicle must be based upon the independent study of the vehicle owner in consultation with people in the hobby and restoration experts.

EFV-8 Club Forum Home | Back to Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

Copyright © 2009 - EFV-8.org