Topic: Missing Nov/Dec 09 V8 Times Now In Canada

Grant    -- 01-11-2010 @ 6:00 PM
  Earlier I mentioned on this Forum that the November December 2009 V8 Times had not yet arrived here in Canada (province of Ontario, about 100 miles east of Detroit).

It came in the mail today. It's terrific, and was definitely worth the wait. Cornerstone has promised to send us a copy of the September October 2009 issue, which still hasn't gotten here.....soon I'll be the only member reading two "new" V8 Times at once !

TO MR. V8 EDITOR:

Thanks for the great magazine.

The purpose of me speaking to you directly tonight is as a result of a comment made by you recently. Apparently someone at the printer told you, or someone else at EFV8 who is equally important, that our V8 Times for Candian members are being "sent from Missouri to France and then back to Canada! ".

That is not correct....at least with respect to my copy of the November December 2009 V8 Times. There is definitely no postmark from France. According to the Canada Post sticker, it came across the border Postage Paid as Publications Mail with Local Undeliverables to: P.O. Box 4332 Station Road, Toronto Ontario M5W3J4.

You have mentioned that there will be a Board meeting in February. Perhaps the above information will be of some assistance to you there.

At one time, I had a subscription to Hemmings Motor News. Those magazines crossed at Buffalo, New York into Canada and were distributed from Fort Erie, Ontario (i.e. across the river from Buffalo) to Canadian readers.

I mean no disrespect to anyone, but couldn't there easily be a truck from the USA crossing six times a year at a major border city.....for instance Detroit Michigan into Windsor Ontario (where the Ford factory used to be).....and drop off the V8 Times issues destined for Canadian members at a Canada Post warehouse for distribution therefrom ?

If the current arrangement really does somehow involve shipping every single copy of the Canadian members' V8 Times to France, and then all the way back again across the Atlantic Ocean before Canada Post has any chance whatsoever to start delivering the magazines, could the Board perhaps elect a Ways and Means Committee in February to come up with a better plan?

I trust the American trucking industry far more than the near-bankrupt Air France operation. My suggestion, again with the utmost respect to everyone involved at the EFV8 club, is that good-old-fashioned USA truckers will get those magazines into the hands of Canada Post staff a h*lluva lot faster......our Canadian mailmen cannot even start their delivery duties if those V8 Times issues are on an Air France jet or in an Air France warehouse.

Best regards, Grant Fleming

v8teditor    -- 01-12-2010 @ 8:21 PM
  I have heard from other Canadian members who are just now getting their Nov/Dec issue, over a month late. What I mentioned the other day was for some reason the Nov/Dec issue was sent via ground rather than by air which it was supposesd to be. I was told there are only two options available - ground or air. For some reason the last issue was sent via ground. I was also told when they are sent by air, they travel to France and back again. Thus a French postmark will appear on the Jan/Feb issue as it will be sent by air. we'll see how that works.

Chevguy49Ford    -- 01-13-2010 @ 3:08 AM
  As of yesterday I still didn't have mine yet. What a letdown opening the mailbox every day and nothing in it. (Except for bills.)

Cheers, Scott.

1949 Custom Tudor.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e42/35thLE/49016.jpg

Grant    -- 01-13-2010 @ 5:23 PM
  Okay, Jerry. Thank you.

I will make a point of letting you know how The French Connection works for those of us up here in Canada.

Regards, Grant

Grant    -- 01-13-2010 @ 5:31 PM
  Scott,

You mentioned wondering about the origins of your very nice green '49 in another post recently.

One fellow thought it might actually be a Meteor. I don't think so.

If you would like to photograph the numbers on your data plate and/or above the pinch weld on your firewall, and then send the pictures to me at flatheadfleming@hotmail.com, I will check our '49 to '60 Ford dealership Service Department binders and decode the data for you.

Regards, Grant

Chevguy49Ford    -- 01-14-2010 @ 3:38 AM
  Thanks Grant. My car has no numbers stamped in the firewall above the pinch weld, but htere are two data plates. One on the driver's sdie and a smaller one on the passenger side towards the outside of the car. I will get a couple of pictures and write the data out for you as well. Thanks for the offer.

As for the V-8 Times, still a no show.

Cheers, Scott.

1949 Custom Tudor.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e42/35thLE/49016.jpg

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=589