LOGIN
  • Post to the EFV-8 Forum
  • Post Classified Ads
  • Shop the Online Store
User Login

Not Registered Yet? Click Here to Sign Up!

(Forgot your Password?)
Remember me on this computer

Not registered yet?
REGISTER NOW!

Back to Home Page Show Forum Rules

Early Ford V-8 Club Forum

FORUM RULES: Users agree to these Rules when using Forum.

The site administrator reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the user agreement without prior notice to the user. It is the responsibility of the user to regularly review the terms of this agreement.

The user agrees to the following terms:

1. All information that you provide to us for your membership is correct.
  2. You will not use your membership to spam, harrass, or exploit other members in any way.
  3. Vulgar, Abusive, Racist and Sexist Language will not be tolerated.
  4. Commercial-type sales postings will not be allowed.
  5. No mass posting or flooding of the boards is allowed.
  6. No Advertising of parts or cars; no Ebay or business/commercial ads (please use the "Classified" for ads Wanted or For Sale).
  7. VIEWING MULTIPLE TOPICS ON SCREEN: You can choose to see more than 10 Topics at a time ... Log In and choose "Preferences" from the top bar on the Forum page. Scroll down and Change the "Default Topics Returned" parameter to 25 or 50, and save the changes. Since this setting is stored in your browser 'cookies' (if enabled), it seems to use that stored value even if you are not logged in. So, if you use a PC that you haven't logged into the forum from, the setting still seem to remain at the default.
  8. EXTERNAL PHOTO LINKS ON FORUM: You can still use external photo links in your posts on the new forum. They follow the rules of any link in that they have to have the URL link qualified down to the full image file name (example: .jpg). The links will open in a new browser window, the same as an uploaded image attached to a post. Since an image attachment to any post does not display inline with the post, the results are the same. You can use multiple external links within a post. This link is from photos on a site from Don Clink's 'Deuce@75' albums:

http://donclink.com/deuce_75_1/images/dscn2950.jpg

Using links from photo sites such as Photobucket can help in "size" issue with uploaded attachment files. For best viewing in web browsers, photos should be around the 800x600 pixel range, and probably not more than 1024x768. Most cameras today store HUGE jpg image files, as the default settings are in the 7, 8, 10, and 12Mb image sizes. The image files that are then attached are very large, and the browser can't display the full image size without using the scroll bars. Use the re-sizing functions of your photo editing software to reduce the image to 800x600, which reduces the file sixe and the image load time in the browser. Don uses Google's free Picassa3 software, which is an excellent photo management product. All of the photo albums of the Deuce, Grand National, and Auburn that are links on the NORG site were built using Picassa's web creation functions. And it's free? (THANKS to Don Clink for the info!)
  9. HOW DO I SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS ALONG WITH MY USERNAME? You can LogIn on the Forum, and select PREFERENCES. On this page Members can add optional information such as their City,State, Country; Occupation; Hobbies: list a Homepage; list AOL Instant Messanger Handle; Signature; "Make Email Address viewable to others;" and even change the number of Default Topics shown on a page. WHEN others click on your profile, they will see this information.

EFV-8 Club Forum / General Ford Discussion / Newbee Saratoga question

Reply to this DiscussionReply to Discussion | Start new discussionNew Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Newbee Saratoga question -- page: 1 2 3 4

Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts first

jim5618
07-06-2011 @ 9:45 AM

Dave,

Thanks for the encouragement but with me having limited access to the car it is just real slow going. I can only get there for Monday as I have ot work so it just isn't feasible to tow it up for one day, then tow it back to Massachusetts, then drive to Maryland. I need to at least have it moving on its own before I take it somewhere. Just not there yet. I am still hoping to make it up Monday without the car.

3w2
07-05-2011 @ 9:52 AM
Senior

Jim,

If there is any way at all you can get your car to the meet, short of driving it, which seems not to be practical at this time all things considered, you will get the kind of knowledgeable advice that could not be replicated with 100 posting on the internet.

The judging team for '32s for this meet is a very knowledgeable group (it includes several of the above hobbyists) and I'm sure that they would be more than happy to look over your car and consult with you whether or not is on the concours field or in the parking lot at any time during the entire period of the meet.

Dave Rehor

FrankM-RG5
07-05-2011 @ 6:51 AM

I just saw this. Bill Wzorek will be there t talk about Houdaille shocks. He can fix you up with whatever you will need. This is a good place to be to talk with those that have gone through the process. Wednesday is the day to be there. That will be the concourse when all cars can be viewed whether they were trailered or not. Feel free to contact me @ fordsnharleys@yahoo.com with any more questions. Everyone here has given excellent advice. I do think you will need a little more driving time before doing any serious touring.

Frank Miller
2011 Eastern National Meet co-chairman

jim5618
07-04-2011 @ 7:38 PM

My issue is I am working on the d*mn thing long distance, flying or driving up to my Dad's to work on it. My biggest issue is the gas tank is not done yet and the seats are not in. I could cob up an exhaust if I needed to but I have not been able to drive it out of the garage yet, let alone take it to a show. Oh and the trailer we had that I can use I found out has rusted out so we need to get an newer one. I know not everyone is in the same boat but I turn 50 this year. I am going to try to go anyway.

ford38v8
07-04-2011 @ 12:04 PM
Senior

Jim, I agree, many guys have brought their unfinished cars to meets for the express purpose of obtaining ideas and knowledge from the old timers present. You'd be surprised at the gathering of the clan around a project car to offer advise.

Alan

JM
07-04-2011 @ 11:33 AM
Senior

D on't give up on getting your car to Saratoga so quickly. Try to get what you need to fix the exhaust as someone else suggested. A bolt for the one shock arm should be easy to find and fix. I'm not sure what is actually missing on the other side that attaches to the frame because the only thing that bolts to the frame is the body of the shock. What about trailering your car to the show? I think it would still be a good learning experience for you to have those who are knowledgeable on'32's look over your car and let you know what is not correct. This would give you a good laundry list of things to think about improving or changing.

JM

CharlieStephens
07-04-2011 @ 8:11 AM
Senior

Jim,

A bit of trivia that you might already know. Ed Fitts, Box 834, Canton CT, 06019, makes the exhaust header pipe for the Model B (at least he used to) and the rest of the system is the same as the V8 and available from most venders (or at least used to be). He has current ad's in the Model A for sale section of fordbarn.com so you might PM him from there.

Charlie Stephens

This message was edited by CharlieStephens on 7-4-11 @ 8:16 AM

TomO
07-04-2011 @ 8:05 AM
Senior

Too bad that you cannot get your car to Saratoga. I hope that you still intend to go and enjoy the meet. You will be able to look over some other 32's and other year Fords and Mercurys.

I am sure that you can hitch a ride in a 32 for the tour, so you can get an idea of what to expect when you get your car on the road.

Tom

jim5618
07-03-2011 @ 7:57 PM

Well.... Seems like getting the car to Saratoga isn't happening. Can't get an exhaust in time and discovered my front shacks are a mess. As in the passenger side is missing the bolt to hold the arm on and the drivers side part that mounts to the frame is not there and judging by the holes in the frame pulled out of the frame???

On the good side did have it running today for a good minute. At least until the fumes from the holes in the muffler made me turn it off. blew mice nest half way across the garage too. Well...maybe Hershey....lol

nelsb01
06-30-2011 @ 8:52 PM
Senior

If doing display -- well, all you have to do is put the windshield card that you get at registration on the window, and then go enjoy the day.

See you there.

<< previous || next >> 
PAGE: 1 2 3 4

NOTE: YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED USER AND BE LOGGED IN TO POST (and reply to) messages in this forum. If you are a first time user, please click the CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT in the masthead above to register and Log In. After that, all you do is LOG IN to enjoy using this site.

DISCLAIMER: The V-8 Club does no independent testing of any of the opinions, thoughts or suggestions presented in the website on the Forum, in the Tech Tips section, or any section. A reader should consider the website to be a forum wherein differing solutions to a particular set of circumstances may be discussed. Ultimately, the selection of an item for an individual's vehicle must be based upon the independent study of the vehicle owner in consultation with people in the hobby and restoration experts.

EFV-8 Club Forum Home | Back to Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

Copyright © 2009 - EFV-8.org