LOGIN
  • Post to the EFV-8 Forum
  • Post Classified Ads
  • Shop the Online Store
User Login

Not Registered Yet? Click Here to Sign Up!

(Forgot your Password?)
Remember me on this computer

Not registered yet?
REGISTER NOW!

Back to Home Page Show Forum Rules

Early Ford V-8 Club Forum

FORUM RULES: Users agree to these Rules when using Forum.

The site administrator reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the user agreement without prior notice to the user. It is the responsibility of the user to regularly review the terms of this agreement.

The user agrees to the following terms:

1. All information that you provide to us for your membership is correct.
  2. You will not use your membership to spam, harrass, or exploit other members in any way.
  3. Vulgar, Abusive, Racist and Sexist Language will not be tolerated.
  4. Commercial-type sales postings will not be allowed.
  5. No mass posting or flooding of the boards is allowed.
  6. No Advertising of parts or cars; no Ebay or business/commercial ads (please use the "Classified" for ads Wanted or For Sale).
  7. VIEWING MULTIPLE TOPICS ON SCREEN: You can choose to see more than 10 Topics at a time ... Log In and choose "Preferences" from the top bar on the Forum page. Scroll down and Change the "Default Topics Returned" parameter to 25 or 50, and save the changes. Since this setting is stored in your browser 'cookies' (if enabled), it seems to use that stored value even if you are not logged in. So, if you use a PC that you haven't logged into the forum from, the setting still seem to remain at the default.
  8. EXTERNAL PHOTO LINKS ON FORUM: You can still use external photo links in your posts on the new forum. They follow the rules of any link in that they have to have the URL link qualified down to the full image file name (example: .jpg). The links will open in a new browser window, the same as an uploaded image attached to a post. Since an image attachment to any post does not display inline with the post, the results are the same. You can use multiple external links within a post. This link is from photos on a site from Don Clink's 'Deuce@75' albums:

http://donclink.com/deuce_75_1/images/dscn2950.jpg

Using links from photo sites such as Photobucket can help in "size" issue with uploaded attachment files. For best viewing in web browsers, photos should be around the 800x600 pixel range, and probably not more than 1024x768. Most cameras today store HUGE jpg image files, as the default settings are in the 7, 8, 10, and 12Mb image sizes. The image files that are then attached are very large, and the browser can't display the full image size without using the scroll bars. Use the re-sizing functions of your photo editing software to reduce the image to 800x600, which reduces the file sixe and the image load time in the browser. Don uses Google's free Picassa3 software, which is an excellent photo management product. All of the photo albums of the Deuce, Grand National, and Auburn that are links on the NORG site were built using Picassa's web creation functions. And it's free? (THANKS to Don Clink for the info!)
  9. HOW DO I SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS ALONG WITH MY USERNAME? You can LogIn on the Forum, and select PREFERENCES. On this page Members can add optional information such as their City,State, Country; Occupation; Hobbies: list a Homepage; list AOL Instant Messanger Handle; Signature; "Make Email Address viewable to others;" and even change the number of Default Topics shown on a page. WHEN others click on your profile, they will see this information.

EFV-8 Club Forum / General Ford Discussion / Problems with MACs

Reply to this DiscussionReply to Discussion | Start new discussionNew Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Problems with MACs -- page: 1 2

Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts first

supereal
01-02-2011 @ 10:33 AM
Senior

No, I have no connection with C&G. I frequently mention them because we have found that they sell top quality parts, know what they sell, and will be honest about whether the part is in stock and can be shipped. Years of trial and error taught us that once a vendor gives you a problem, it is a signal to go elsewhere. C&G is on the far west coast, and we are in the middle of the country, so geography isn't a reason for us to patronize them. I don't know any of the Bangiola family or their staff personally, or need to. We are in the business of fixing vehicles, and an undependable source of parts, either in quality or delivery, costs us money. The way to be sure that your supplier is as good as ours is to mention them here on the Forum, if you want them to be available in the years to come.

This message was edited by supereal on 1-2-11 @ 10:35 AM

trjford8
01-02-2011 @ 8:18 AM
Senior

37 coupe, you are right about Dick Spadaro. He is a club member and a good supporter of the V-8 hobby. I tend to forget some of our east coast vendors due to the fact I live on the "lefty" coast.

37 Coupe
01-02-2011 @ 7:02 AM

Not too many people ever mention this guy to deal with Dick Spadaro in New York. He vends Bob Drake and Carpenter stuff,he can lead you to what is the best quality of the two or other suppliers,he has a certain amount of good used and NOS stuff and he is a V8 Club member and not to big to be nonaccessible,if you want you can actually talk to him,he may even answer the phone himself.

This message was edited by 37 Coupe on 1-2-11 @ 7:03 AM

trjford8
01-01-2011 @ 5:09 PM
Senior

35gal, no one owns stock in C and G that posts on here. The company is owned solely by one person.It's been a family run organization for years. I think the reason C and G is mentioned frequently is the help you get from them. They have long time employees who are car people and can answer tech questions when you have them.
I live in California, so I buy from 3-4 different sources. I'm close enough to one source that I can drive there and get my parts. I know enough to ask for certain people who work the counter as they can give a good answer and know the quality of a part. Others that work there are strictly counter people who know just enough to find the part and bring it to the counter. To them it's just a job.
C and G is a long way away from me so I have to order by phone. When I have a question about a part or an installation issue I get a straight answer. That knowledge is defintiely worth the extra money. I also know that they sell the best quality parts that are available. As I said before if you are happy with your current supplier stick with them. If you are not happy with the supplier or think someone charges too much then you should not shop there. It's no different than grocery shopping.

Gary M.
01-01-2011 @ 4:54 PM

I find that the parts companies on the west coast are higher priced , however they often have hard to find part ,sometimes new, sometimes used. If it is a part that you really need, you dont mind paying extra.

35gal
01-01-2011 @ 4:17 PM

I think someone owns stock in C&G. Anytime someone mentions buying parts, C&G is always recommend. As for myself, I use Mac’s most of the time and have had good service. Their prices are fair and shipping fast. C&G’s prices are way higher than anyone else and it is the same parts. They will, every now and then, have a special where if you spend $100, you get a free tote bag, WOW.

Gary M.
01-01-2011 @ 4:09 PM

The only reason I mentioned a letter from the v8 club is that Macs advertises in the v8 Times. We would hope that the companies that grace the pages of the v8 Times are companies that all the members are happy with . I guess the best thing to do is just find a dealer that you are happy with and stick with them .

supereal
01-01-2011 @ 11:17 AM
Senior

Amen, Tom. While recommendations of reliable sources are
usually safe, accusations of poor dealing could result in legal action. The policy at our shop is to avoid further use of a source that has caused problems. Good vendors know their stock, and can back it up with answers regarding quality and installation tips. Some reputable outlets have changed hands over the years as the hobby and the market has changed and, as Tom so rightly points out, this often results in the weeding out of the unreliable. We have seen this a number of times during our years. Others, such as C&G, are cross-generational, and have retained their integrity.

trjford8
12-31-2010 @ 6:21 PM
Senior

The V-8 Club has a policy of not getting involved with disputes or problems that occur between vendors and individuals. These issues can become very complicated and it is the word of the vendor versus the customer. Most all issues come down to lack of communication or confusing communication between the two parties. The V-8 Club cannot be in the business of "dispute resolution".
It is up to the two parties to resolve the issue themselves. If the customer is not satisfied with the results they have the option to take the issue to civil court, not returning as a customer, calling the Better Business Bureau,or telling their car buddies of the bad experience. I think most of us have had a bad experience at one time or another with a supplier. The best option is to move on to another vendor and not return to the one who failed to correct the problem.If the vendor fails "the customer relations course" with enough customers they will soon be out of business. This hobby is small enough that word travels fast,especially with the internet.

This message was edited by trjford8 on 12-31-10 @ 6:24 PM

Gary M.
12-31-2010 @ 3:56 PM

Macs is a non personal company who are in it strictly for the all mighty dollar ! They scr*w*d me for a pressure plate core charge on a brand new pressure plate. If its brand new , why they need a core ? As far as talking to a higher up , I tried that only to be told that my opinion would not go any further than the clerk I was talking to . I feel that if a letter were written to Macs from the Early Ford club that they might take it more serious . Macs has a nice selection of parts , most of which are good quality, but their policys need alot of work.

<< previous || next >> 
PAGE: 1 2

NOTE: YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED USER AND BE LOGGED IN TO POST (and reply to) messages in this forum. If you are a first time user, please click the CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT in the masthead above to register and Log In. After that, all you do is LOG IN to enjoy using this site.

DISCLAIMER: The V-8 Club does no independent testing of any of the opinions, thoughts or suggestions presented in the website on the Forum, in the Tech Tips section, or any section. A reader should consider the website to be a forum wherein differing solutions to a particular set of circumstances may be discussed. Ultimately, the selection of an item for an individual's vehicle must be based upon the independent study of the vehicle owner in consultation with people in the hobby and restoration experts.

EFV-8 Club Forum Home | Back to Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

Copyright © 2009 - EFV-8.org