LOGIN
  • Post to the EFV-8 Forum
  • Post Classified Ads
  • Shop the Online Store
User Login

Not Registered Yet? Click Here to Sign Up!

(Forgot your Password?)
Remember me on this computer

Not registered yet?
REGISTER NOW!

Back to Home Page Show Forum Rules

Early Ford V-8 Club Forum

FORUM RULES: Users agree to these Rules when using Forum.

The site administrator reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the user agreement without prior notice to the user. It is the responsibility of the user to regularly review the terms of this agreement.

The user agrees to the following terms:

1. All information that you provide to us for your membership is correct.
  2. You will not use your membership to spam, harrass, or exploit other members in any way.
  3. Vulgar, Abusive, Racist and Sexist Language will not be tolerated.
  4. Commercial-type sales postings will not be allowed.
  5. No mass posting or flooding of the boards is allowed.
  6. No Advertising of parts or cars; no Ebay or business/commercial ads (please use the "Classified" for ads Wanted or For Sale).
  7. VIEWING MULTIPLE TOPICS ON SCREEN: You can choose to see more than 10 Topics at a time ... Log In and choose "Preferences" from the top bar on the Forum page. Scroll down and Change the "Default Topics Returned" parameter to 25 or 50, and save the changes. Since this setting is stored in your browser 'cookies' (if enabled), it seems to use that stored value even if you are not logged in. So, if you use a PC that you haven't logged into the forum from, the setting still seem to remain at the default.
  8. EXTERNAL PHOTO LINKS ON FORUM: You can still use external photo links in your posts on the new forum. They follow the rules of any link in that they have to have the URL link qualified down to the full image file name (example: .jpg). The links will open in a new browser window, the same as an uploaded image attached to a post. Since an image attachment to any post does not display inline with the post, the results are the same. You can use multiple external links within a post. This link is from photos on a site from Don Clink's 'Deuce@75' albums:

http://donclink.com/deuce_75_1/images/dscn2950.jpg

Using links from photo sites such as Photobucket can help in "size" issue with uploaded attachment files. For best viewing in web browsers, photos should be around the 800x600 pixel range, and probably not more than 1024x768. Most cameras today store HUGE jpg image files, as the default settings are in the 7, 8, 10, and 12Mb image sizes. The image files that are then attached are very large, and the browser can't display the full image size without using the scroll bars. Use the re-sizing functions of your photo editing software to reduce the image to 800x600, which reduces the file sixe and the image load time in the browser. Don uses Google's free Picassa3 software, which is an excellent photo management product. All of the photo albums of the Deuce, Grand National, and Auburn that are links on the NORG site were built using Picassa's web creation functions. And it's free? (THANKS to Don Clink for the info!)
  9. HOW DO I SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS ALONG WITH MY USERNAME? You can LogIn on the Forum, and select PREFERENCES. On this page Members can add optional information such as their City,State, Country; Occupation; Hobbies: list a Homepage; list AOL Instant Messanger Handle; Signature; "Make Email Address viewable to others;" and even change the number of Default Topics shown on a page. WHEN others click on your profile, they will see this information.

EFV-8 Club Forum / General Ford Discussion / Thank you Bob Drake customers

Reply to this DiscussionReply to Discussion | Start new discussionNew Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Thank you Bob Drake customers -- page: 1 2

Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

Bob Perry Jr.
10-09-2010 @ 11:55 PM

I would like to Thank all the Bob Drake customers, that I have serviced over the last 3+ years. I have enjoyed talking with you about your early Ford projects. Unfortunately Friday myself & 4 other coworkers were laid off, due to the bad economic times. Hopefully when the economy improves I will be back to the job I enjoyed so much. Hope to see you at a swap meet or two. Thank you, Bob Perry (Bob Drake sales dept.)

TonyM
10-10-2010 @ 7:33 AM

Sorry to hear your bad news. I did purchase some tail lights from Drake's recently. This econony stuff goes in cycles. You'll be back. Good luck.

TonyM.

TonyM.
Calumet City, Illinois, USA

This message was edited by TonyM on 10-10-10 @ 7:34 AM

trjford8
10-10-2010 @ 7:59 AM
Senior

Bob, sorry to hear about your job loss.We are all hoping the economy gets better soon, but who knows. Unfortunately it's the unknown that is causing people to hold back on purchases.
We all appreciate those who manufacture parts and work in the old Ford hobby. Without your help our old Fords would still be in the garage with no parts to make them run. We hope you will be back to work soon.

supereal
10-10-2010 @ 1:14 PM
Senior

I join Tom in the same wishes. Out here in "fly over" land, the recession began to bite a bit later than other places, but has really sunk in now. Our machine shop business depends heavily on the local car dealers. Three of the major brands here were sold out to multistate operators because the economy of scale was necessary to keep the doors open, but even the "big boys" have had to lay off people. We did, too, and it was a matter of survival. Anyone who knows anything about the old car hobby recognizes the Drake name, and we hope it weathers the economic storm. Good luck, Bob.

shogun1940
10-10-2010 @ 3:36 PM

Sorry to hear there are layoffs in your business, its time for americans to buy AMERICAN MADE products. Big businesse are sitting on billions they will probably start spending after the election and the first of the year hopefully that will put Americans back to work.

51f1
10-10-2010 @ 4:00 PM
Senior

Bob, sorry to hear about the layoff. Hopefully that will work itself out shortly (after the election)?

Shogun1940: Unfortunately, not many American-made products are available for our old cars and trucks. All of the suppliers, including Drake and Carpenter, in order to compete, get a lot of their parts (probably most) from China and India, and some of it is junk. I don't expect that where they get their parts will change, so we have to demand that these suppliers provide us with quality products. I have written letters and made telephone calls to complain about product quality. Have you?

Richard

1942deluxe
10-10-2010 @ 5:21 PM

I was at Hershey Friday and almost every vendor said their business was down.Dennis Carpenter had no parts only catalogs in an effort to save expense.Did buy some things from Drakes and visited with Bob for a few minutes.I manage a small Ford dealership in the coal region of Pa. and can tell you this recession is far from over.From what I'm seeing the "toy" money spending has drastically slowed.Best wishes to you and I hope you're back to work at Bob's soon!

ford38v8
10-10-2010 @ 5:49 PM
Senior

Bob, the downturn is over for Wall Street, they are making fistfuls of money now, and don't give a hoot if the rest of us are working or not. Don't expect a turnaround soon for the working man. Sorry to be a pessimist.

Alan

48-710
10-11-2010 @ 4:17 AM

1942 deluxe,
Greetings from Down Under.Australia looks to have come through this down turn better than most. I have a engine reconditioning work shop in a small rural town with 5 guys in the machine shop and 4 in the spare parts.Unlike yourself, it's the "toys" that are around 65-70% of our work at the moment.And with our dollar at around 98-99 cents to the US dollar things are looking up.For us at least. Keep your face to the sun and you won't see the shadows.
Regards,
Gary

37RAGTOPMAN
10-11-2010 @ 5:19 PM
Senior

I was at HERSHEY,and was the best year for me,as far as sellling parts,in a long time,
I think BOB DRAKE has some good things for the V8'S and I am sure plenty of people are running with his parts and are gratefull that he reproduces the parts,
but my experience with his business is with the dual wipers, THAT CONVERTS SINGLE TO DUALS, that he sold to me for a job I was working on for a customer,
it was on a 36 FORDOOR.the customer was passed by a truck from the opposite direction, and the WIPER ASSMBLEY blew off the car, these were made in TAIWAN,
and very poorly made, weak springs,.
I called them on this issue, they said that was the way they are made and would not do anyhing for me,
I thought it was NOT very good CUSTOMER RELATIONS.
NEVER DID BUSINESS again,
it was not that the only parts were bad, but did not want to stand behind them, so if I bought a more expensive part would they do it then?
just my 3 cents worth,37RAGTOPMAN
I would pay extra for AMERICAN MADE PARTS,
maybe he venders should mark the parts in the catalogs were they are made like Snyders does for A and T Parts
maybe if some of the venders would consider having parts made in the USA,they could sell them and they would last, SNYDERS has items made in the USA, YOU PAY FOR THEM, but they are worth it,
I always try buying ORIGINAL FORD PARTS,I know these will fit correctly,and work well,
sorry that you were laid off,things have to turn around
you have to keep a positive , if everybody says it is bad no one will spend any money,holding back,
I have a business in MAINE selling antiques and collectibles, and always say things are pretty good,even if not the best, try spreading good new not bad news, it will catch on,THINK POSITIVE,,,,

<< previous || next >> 
PAGE: 1 2

NOTE: YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED USER AND BE LOGGED IN TO POST (and reply to) messages in this forum. If you are a first time user, please click the CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT in the masthead above to register and Log In. After that, all you do is LOG IN to enjoy using this site.

DISCLAIMER: The V-8 Club does no independent testing of any of the opinions, thoughts or suggestions presented in the website on the Forum, in the Tech Tips section, or any section. A reader should consider the website to be a forum wherein differing solutions to a particular set of circumstances may be discussed. Ultimately, the selection of an item for an individual's vehicle must be based upon the independent study of the vehicle owner in consultation with people in the hobby and restoration experts.

EFV-8 Club Forum Home | Back to Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

Copyright © 2009 - EFV-8.org