LOGIN
  • Post to the EFV-8 Forum
  • Post Classified Ads
  • Shop the Online Store
User Login

Not Registered Yet? Click Here to Sign Up!

(Forgot your Password?)
Remember me on this computer

Not registered yet?
REGISTER NOW!

Back to Home Page Show Forum Rules

Early Ford V-8 Club Forum

FORUM RULES: Users agree to these Rules when using Forum.

The site administrator reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the user agreement without prior notice to the user. It is the responsibility of the user to regularly review the terms of this agreement.

The user agrees to the following terms:

1. All information that you provide to us for your membership is correct.
  2. You will not use your membership to spam, harrass, or exploit other members in any way.
  3. Vulgar, Abusive, Racist and Sexist Language will not be tolerated.
  4. Commercial-type sales postings will not be allowed.
  5. No mass posting or flooding of the boards is allowed.
  6. No Advertising of parts or cars; no Ebay or business/commercial ads (please use the "Classified" for ads Wanted or For Sale).
  7. VIEWING MULTIPLE TOPICS ON SCREEN: You can choose to see more than 10 Topics at a time ... Log In and choose "Preferences" from the top bar on the Forum page. Scroll down and Change the "Default Topics Returned" parameter to 25 or 50, and save the changes. Since this setting is stored in your browser 'cookies' (if enabled), it seems to use that stored value even if you are not logged in. So, if you use a PC that you haven't logged into the forum from, the setting still seem to remain at the default.
  8. EXTERNAL PHOTO LINKS ON FORUM: You can still use external photo links in your posts on the new forum. They follow the rules of any link in that they have to have the URL link qualified down to the full image file name (example: .jpg). The links will open in a new browser window, the same as an uploaded image attached to a post. Since an image attachment to any post does not display inline with the post, the results are the same. You can use multiple external links within a post. This link is from photos on a site from Don Clink's 'Deuce@75' albums:

http://donclink.com/deuce_75_1/images/dscn2950.jpg

Using links from photo sites such as Photobucket can help in "size" issue with uploaded attachment files. For best viewing in web browsers, photos should be around the 800x600 pixel range, and probably not more than 1024x768. Most cameras today store HUGE jpg image files, as the default settings are in the 7, 8, 10, and 12Mb image sizes. The image files that are then attached are very large, and the browser can't display the full image size without using the scroll bars. Use the re-sizing functions of your photo editing software to reduce the image to 800x600, which reduces the file sixe and the image load time in the browser. Don uses Google's free Picassa3 software, which is an excellent photo management product. All of the photo albums of the Deuce, Grand National, and Auburn that are links on the NORG site were built using Picassa's web creation functions. And it's free? (THANKS to Don Clink for the info!)
  9. HOW DO I SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS ALONG WITH MY USERNAME? You can LogIn on the Forum, and select PREFERENCES. On this page Members can add optional information such as their City,State, Country; Occupation; Hobbies: list a Homepage; list AOL Instant Messanger Handle; Signature; "Make Email Address viewable to others;" and even change the number of Default Topics shown on a page. WHEN others click on your profile, they will see this information.

EFV-8 Club Forum / Light Commercial Truck Discussion / 37' pickup-window seals and guides

Reply to this DiscussionReply to Discussion | Start new discussionNew Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: 37' pickup-window seals and guides

Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts first

trjford8
12-09-2013 @ 8:16 AM
Senior

banjoQ, on the form just below where you list your car on the left side is the address of our subscription service. You can also call toll free to 1-866-427-7583and they will take your credit card info and sign you up right away. Glad you enjoyed the V-8 Times and you find a lot of V-8 friends in the bay area.

banjoQ
12-04-2013 @ 5:35 PM

trj- I got it in the mail yesterday. Thanks for doing that, I read them both in one sitting. Should I return the app. to you? Did not notice a return address. Thanks for the local contact info too. Q

trjford8
12-03-2013 @ 1:10 PM
Senior

banjoQ, I sent off the V-8 Times to you yesterday along with an application for the club.

banjoQ
11-30-2013 @ 9:36 AM

nelsb01- Yes, it's a 37' cab mounted onto a 36' truck. You see, this truck was assembled from components scrounged out of wrecking yards in S.F. back in 50'. My father in law, who put the truck together said he liked the look of the 37'cab more. His intention was to build a work truck, so holding to originality was not an issue. This truck has a Merc. 8BA from 50' a steering column from a 40', a 39 top loader trans and a banjo rear with 4:11s. Oh, and juice brakes from same 40'. Certainly a bastard child if ever there was one. I have got it running and stopping good, now it's time to work on some of the rattles. Not only do I have serviceable channels in the doors, but I have a couple of spares. Will work on Vintique info later today. Thanks

trjford- I am in Pacifica, Ca.I would like to get some info on EFV8 in the Bay Area. Will PM you later.- Thanks

trjford8
11-30-2013 @ 7:39 AM
Senior

banjoQ,just curious where you live in the bay area. If you are not a V-8 Club member you might consider joining the club . There's a lot of V-8ers in the bay area and probably some near you that could be of great help. If this is your first V-8 project it's always helpful to have somebody near by to give advice and a helping hand. The V-8 Times magazine that is published by the club is worth the price of admission. If you are not a club member send me a private message with your info and I will send you a sample copy of the V-8 Times.

nelsb01
11-30-2013 @ 7:27 AM
Senior

banjoQ: welcome to the Early Ford V-8 Club Forum.
After looking at your picture, are you sure you have a 1937? It certainly looks like a 1936 Ford pickup from it's hubcaps to hood and grille. BUT-- you do have the split windshield. Interesting.
Check out the reproduction window kits at Vintique Ford parts. They have a very accurate window door kit for you vehicle, with the side channels, the bumpers etc. A word of caution though, if you can rescue your window channels (the ones that glass fits in) do that as the reproduction ones are not the same strength as original and will be easier for your glass man to work with.

banjoQ
11-29-2013 @ 10:31 PM

I have a 37' cab on my truck and would like to get some information on window guides and seals. Currently I have only the door latch mech. and the regulators for the windows and what is left of the window guides. My questions are what kind of materials went where. The interior guides in the door are bare. Was there any felt or whiskers here? There is a guide that goes around the window opening, this looks to be metal with a canvas like covering. Is there a rubber seal that goes across the lower part of the window opening? These regulators seem to be the correct ones, rising completely and then forward to close. I was able to free these up nicely and will probably use them. Would like to replace these seals and guides to eliminate rattling windows. Are there any resources that have exploded views or assembly diagrams? Hard copy or internet info will be great. Also, were these doors weather stripped at all? I have the old lacing in place, but it's dried out pretty bad. This will replaced also. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will include a photo of my truck for you. I have been working on it for 10 mos. now. Runs great and stops pretty good. Thanks again.

<< previous || next >> 

NOTE: YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED USER AND BE LOGGED IN TO POST (and reply to) messages in this forum. If you are a first time user, please click the CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT in the masthead above to register and Log In. After that, all you do is LOG IN to enjoy using this site.

DISCLAIMER: The V-8 Club does no independent testing of any of the opinions, thoughts or suggestions presented in the website on the Forum, in the Tech Tips section, or any section. A reader should consider the website to be a forum wherein differing solutions to a particular set of circumstances may be discussed. Ultimately, the selection of an item for an individual's vehicle must be based upon the independent study of the vehicle owner in consultation with people in the hobby and restoration experts.

EFV-8 Club Forum Home | Back to Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

Copyright © 2009 - EFV-8.org