Topic: 37' pickup-window seals and guides

banjoQ    -- 11-29-2013 @ 10:31 PM
  I have a 37' cab on my truck and would like to get some information on window guides and seals. Currently I have only the door latch mech. and the regulators for the windows and what is left of the window guides. My questions are what kind of materials went where. The interior guides in the door are bare. Was there any felt or whiskers here? There is a guide that goes around the window opening, this looks to be metal with a canvas like covering. Is there a rubber seal that goes across the lower part of the window opening? These regulators seem to be the correct ones, rising completely and then forward to close. I was able to free these up nicely and will probably use them. Would like to replace these seals and guides to eliminate rattling windows. Are there any resources that have exploded views or assembly diagrams? Hard copy or internet info will be great. Also, were these doors weather stripped at all? I have the old lacing in place, but it's dried out pretty bad. This will replaced also. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will include a photo of my truck for you. I have been working on it for 10 mos. now. Runs great and stops pretty good. Thanks again.

nelsb01    -- 11-30-2013 @ 7:27 AM
  banjoQ: welcome to the Early Ford V-8 Club Forum.
After looking at your picture, are you sure you have a 1937? It certainly looks like a 1936 Ford pickup from it's hubcaps to hood and grille. BUT-- you do have the split windshield. Interesting.
Check out the reproduction window kits at Vintique Ford parts. They have a very accurate window door kit for you vehicle, with the side channels, the bumpers etc. A word of caution though, if you can rescue your window channels (the ones that glass fits in) do that as the reproduction ones are not the same strength as original and will be easier for your glass man to work with.

trjford8    -- 11-30-2013 @ 7:39 AM
  banjoQ,just curious where you live in the bay area. If you are not a V-8 Club member you might consider joining the club . There's a lot of V-8ers in the bay area and probably some near you that could be of great help. If this is your first V-8 project it's always helpful to have somebody near by to give advice and a helping hand. The V-8 Times magazine that is published by the club is worth the price of admission. If you are not a club member send me a private message with your info and I will send you a sample copy of the V-8 Times.

banjoQ    -- 11-30-2013 @ 9:36 AM
  nelsb01- Yes, it's a 37' cab mounted onto a 36' truck. You see, this truck was assembled from components scrounged out of wrecking yards in S.F. back in 50'. My father in law, who put the truck together said he liked the look of the 37'cab more. His intention was to build a work truck, so holding to originality was not an issue. This truck has a Merc. 8BA from 50' a steering column from a 40', a 39 top loader trans and a banjo rear with 4:11s. Oh, and juice brakes from same 40'. Certainly a bastard child if ever there was one. I have got it running and stopping good, now it's time to work on some of the rattles. Not only do I have serviceable channels in the doors, but I have a couple of spares. Will work on Vintique info later today. Thanks

trjford- I am in Pacifica, Ca.I would like to get some info on EFV8 in the Bay Area. Will PM you later.- Thanks

trjford8    -- 12-03-2013 @ 1:10 PM
  banjoQ, I sent off the V-8 Times to you yesterday along with an application for the club.

banjoQ    -- 12-04-2013 @ 5:35 PM
  trj- I got it in the mail yesterday. Thanks for doing that, I read them both in one sitting. Should I return the app. to you? Did not notice a return address. Thanks for the local contact info too. Q

trjford8    -- 12-09-2013 @ 8:16 AM
  banjoQ, on the form just below where you list your car on the left side is the address of our subscription service. You can also call toll free to 1-866-427-7583and they will take your credit card info and sign you up right away. Glad you enjoyed the V-8 Times and you find a lot of V-8 friends in the bay area.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=17&Topic=6767