LOGIN
  • Post to the EFV-8 Forum
  • Post Classified Ads
  • Shop the Online Store
User Login

Not Registered Yet? Click Here to Sign Up!

(Forgot your Password?)
Remember me on this computer

Not registered yet?
REGISTER NOW!

Back to Home Page Show Forum Rules

Early Ford V-8 Club Forum

FORUM RULES: Users agree to these Rules when using Forum.

The site administrator reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the user agreement without prior notice to the user. It is the responsibility of the user to regularly review the terms of this agreement.

The user agrees to the following terms:

1. All information that you provide to us for your membership is correct.
  2. You will not use your membership to spam, harrass, or exploit other members in any way.
  3. Vulgar, Abusive, Racist and Sexist Language will not be tolerated.
  4. Commercial-type sales postings will not be allowed.
  5. No mass posting or flooding of the boards is allowed.
  6. No Advertising of parts or cars; no Ebay or business/commercial ads (please use the "Classified" for ads Wanted or For Sale).
  7. VIEWING MULTIPLE TOPICS ON SCREEN: You can choose to see more than 10 Topics at a time ... Log In and choose "Preferences" from the top bar on the Forum page. Scroll down and Change the "Default Topics Returned" parameter to 25 or 50, and save the changes. Since this setting is stored in your browser 'cookies' (if enabled), it seems to use that stored value even if you are not logged in. So, if you use a PC that you haven't logged into the forum from, the setting still seem to remain at the default.
  8. EXTERNAL PHOTO LINKS ON FORUM: You can still use external photo links in your posts on the new forum. They follow the rules of any link in that they have to have the URL link qualified down to the full image file name (example: .jpg). The links will open in a new browser window, the same as an uploaded image attached to a post. Since an image attachment to any post does not display inline with the post, the results are the same. You can use multiple external links within a post. This link is from photos on a site from Don Clink's 'Deuce@75' albums:

http://donclink.com/deuce_75_1/images/dscn2950.jpg

Using links from photo sites such as Photobucket can help in "size" issue with uploaded attachment files. For best viewing in web browsers, photos should be around the 800x600 pixel range, and probably not more than 1024x768. Most cameras today store HUGE jpg image files, as the default settings are in the 7, 8, 10, and 12Mb image sizes. The image files that are then attached are very large, and the browser can't display the full image size without using the scroll bars. Use the re-sizing functions of your photo editing software to reduce the image to 800x600, which reduces the file sixe and the image load time in the browser. Don uses Google's free Picassa3 software, which is an excellent photo management product. All of the photo albums of the Deuce, Grand National, and Auburn that are links on the NORG site were built using Picassa's web creation functions. And it's free? (THANKS to Don Clink for the info!)
  9. HOW DO I SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS ALONG WITH MY USERNAME? You can LogIn on the Forum, and select PREFERENCES. On this page Members can add optional information such as their City,State, Country; Occupation; Hobbies: list a Homepage; list AOL Instant Messanger Handle; Signature; "Make Email Address viewable to others;" and even change the number of Default Topics shown on a page. WHEN others click on your profile, they will see this information.

EFV-8 Club Forum / 1940 Ford Discussion / 1940 Wagon Questions

Reply to this DiscussionReply to Discussion | Start new discussionNew Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: 1940 Wagon Questions -- page: 1 2

Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts first

alanwoodieman
09-14-2011 @ 8:17 PM
Senior

Dan aka Stroker thanks for the compliments, still working on the truck mirror arm project, have made a couple of prototypes, will get back to it this winter.

alanwoodieman
09-14-2011 @ 8:13 PM
Senior

all cad plated, yes in Pa, at Hershey is actually where I purchased mine. I have been told that the company may have been sold to Ca. but if you are going to Hershey I would bet that they will be there. You may need hipwaders this year, they really had bad floods this month and a lot of busineeses were under water. I will find my number and let you know. My wagon is Lyon Blue, I think there is a wagon in Va. painted Acadia Green

deuce_roadster
09-14-2011 @ 5:59 PM

Alan, my car is a pretty late one. My body # is 10581 which puts it probably in June. You may have the answer to the seat track question! So early tracks are about 1/2" higher then the later ones? Glad I have both. Is that whole thing, both sides and the rod with gears all cad plated or just the sides? Due to the late # I have painted the sheetmetal Acadia green which I think will look good with the blonde wood.
Thank you for that important information.

Is the business in PA you refrence named "Restoration Supply" Do you know if they go to Hershey? I usually make the trip from out here on the Left coast (near Seattle)

alanwoodieman
09-14-2011 @ 4:40 PM
Senior

checked the parts book Dated July of 1940 and there is an early seat track (2.47" in front) and a late seat track (2.10" in front) but no date given as to when the change occurred. I know my body was built in 3/40, what is your body number-located under the voltage regulator?

alanwoodieman
09-14-2011 @ 11:30 AM
Senior

OK here goes and I did a lot of research including looking at several original wagons
#1-seat mechanism- were cad plated, 39 seats are totally different-spare tire mounted on the seat, give me the measurements and I will double check with mine-I suspect deluxe seats had a different set of mechanisms that the regular V8-because of the different seat padding foam for deluxe
#2 winterleaf brown-those pieces were painted off the body
#3 top materiel
#4 black straps-black brackets and black light bodys-yes I know I have also heard they were painted body color, but no real proof
#5 Restoration supply in Pa is where I got mine

kubes40
09-14-2011 @ 6:36 AM
Senior

Mike, I sent you two private messages.
I am best reached (promptly) at kubes40@att.net

Stroker
09-13-2011 @ 4:17 PM
Senior

deuce_roadster:

I'm very much into 38's, but there are many differences between 38-39 and 40's. 38-39's don't have tailgate springs, and they mount their tail light through the lower tailgate hinge/spreader bar which is grounded to the floorpan. In addition, the 38-39's mounted their front seat on a wooden riser, with the only adjustment being 2 holes to give you a choice of how far the bottom cushion was away from the rigid rear cushion.

Regarding the window "felt" dividers, I sourced mine from Ed Clarke in Larchmont, NY some years ago. Ed has an ongoing ad in the NWC monthly newsletter.

I'm hoping that Alanwoodieman chimes in at some point, as he has not only restored his "barn-find" woodie to great beauty, but actually manufactured some parts (rear seat-feet) along the way.

Colors for interior hardware is a toughie. I was lucky enough to have some non-repainted
original components to work from. As for the spring covers matching the top material, not all tops were the same color. We see an almost uniform brown top on most replacements, but
in fact the top color was often coordinated with the body color. In my case, the body was
Desert Sand, and the top was a dark "brownish" green.

Hopefully, others will contribute other (more 40 specific) info.

deuce_roadster
09-13-2011 @ 2:18 PM

Ok, Stroker I am beginning to assemble a 40 deluxe wagon, hoping to have it ready for the 2012 Western National Meet which will be held in Redmond Oregon.

1. I have ended up with 2 sets of the brackets that hold the front seat to the floor. They are identical in every way ( but one), and bolt to the floor and seat the same, have the same adjusting lever, rod with gear etc. One would have the seat fairly level, the other the rear feet are noticibly lower then the fronts. I am guessing the set with the lower rear feet is the correct one for the 40 since this seat angle was an advertising point. Since there are some common parts on the 38-40 wagons, could the set where the front and rear feet are about the same height fit a 38 or 39? Could this be an early vs late thing and be correct for 40? I will sell the incorrect one but would like to correctly identify it. What color should the entire seat mounting mechanism be?

2. Is the tailgate hinge all Winterleaf Brown or does the part that bolts to the floor pan get painted either body color or primer like the rest of the floor?

3. My original tailgate spring looks like it was covered with top material. Is that what it should be and should it be brown like the top?

4. What color should the ground straps that go from the T nuts to the tail light brackets be? I know they have to be bare under the Tnut and bracket to make a good ground. Are the tail light brackets black or body color? Is the tail light painted or stainless and if painted what color?

5. I have the double channel glass runs for the sliders but who has the strips that go on the edge of the glass (end) of the inner windows between the 2 pieces of glass?

Stroker
09-13-2011 @ 1:54 PM
Senior

deuce_roadster:

Why not just post your questions, and maybe Alanwoodieman, myself, or some other National Woodie Club member can help you.

Dan

deuce_roadster
09-13-2011 @ 11:04 AM

Mike, can you answer questions about 40 wagons? I sent you a PM with some. You can respond to my questions either here or as a PM if you wish.

<< previous || next >> 
PAGE: 1 2

NOTE: YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED USER AND BE LOGGED IN TO POST (and reply to) messages in this forum. If you are a first time user, please click the CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT in the masthead above to register and Log In. After that, all you do is LOG IN to enjoy using this site.

DISCLAIMER: The V-8 Club does no independent testing of any of the opinions, thoughts or suggestions presented in the website on the Forum, in the Tech Tips section, or any section. A reader should consider the website to be a forum wherein differing solutions to a particular set of circumstances may be discussed. Ultimately, the selection of an item for an individual's vehicle must be based upon the independent study of the vehicle owner in consultation with people in the hobby and restoration experts.

EFV-8 Club Forum Home | Back to Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

Copyright © 2009 - EFV-8.org