LOGIN
  • Post to the EFV-8 Forum
  • Post Classified Ads
  • Shop the Online Store
User Login

Not Registered Yet? Click Here to Sign Up!

(Forgot your Password?)
Remember me on this computer

Not registered yet?
REGISTER NOW!

Back to Home Page Show Forum Rules

Early Ford V-8 Club Forum

FORUM RULES: Users agree to these Rules when using Forum.

The site administrator reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the user agreement without prior notice to the user. It is the responsibility of the user to regularly review the terms of this agreement.

The user agrees to the following terms:

1. All information that you provide to us for your membership is correct.
  2. You will not use your membership to spam, harrass, or exploit other members in any way.
  3. Vulgar, Abusive, Racist and Sexist Language will not be tolerated.
  4. Commercial-type sales postings will not be allowed.
  5. No mass posting or flooding of the boards is allowed.
  6. No Advertising of parts or cars; no Ebay or business/commercial ads (please use the "Classified" for ads Wanted or For Sale).
  7. VIEWING MULTIPLE TOPICS ON SCREEN: You can choose to see more than 10 Topics at a time ... Log In and choose "Preferences" from the top bar on the Forum page. Scroll down and Change the "Default Topics Returned" parameter to 25 or 50, and save the changes. Since this setting is stored in your browser 'cookies' (if enabled), it seems to use that stored value even if you are not logged in. So, if you use a PC that you haven't logged into the forum from, the setting still seem to remain at the default.
  8. EXTERNAL PHOTO LINKS ON FORUM: You can still use external photo links in your posts on the new forum. They follow the rules of any link in that they have to have the URL link qualified down to the full image file name (example: .jpg). The links will open in a new browser window, the same as an uploaded image attached to a post. Since an image attachment to any post does not display inline with the post, the results are the same. You can use multiple external links within a post. This link is from photos on a site from Don Clink's 'Deuce@75' albums:

http://donclink.com/deuce_75_1/images/dscn2950.jpg

Using links from photo sites such as Photobucket can help in "size" issue with uploaded attachment files. For best viewing in web browsers, photos should be around the 800x600 pixel range, and probably not more than 1024x768. Most cameras today store HUGE jpg image files, as the default settings are in the 7, 8, 10, and 12Mb image sizes. The image files that are then attached are very large, and the browser can't display the full image size without using the scroll bars. Use the re-sizing functions of your photo editing software to reduce the image to 800x600, which reduces the file sixe and the image load time in the browser. Don uses Google's free Picassa3 software, which is an excellent photo management product. All of the photo albums of the Deuce, Grand National, and Auburn that are links on the NORG site were built using Picassa's web creation functions. And it's free? (THANKS to Don Clink for the info!)
  9. HOW DO I SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS ALONG WITH MY USERNAME? You can LogIn on the Forum, and select PREFERENCES. On this page Members can add optional information such as their City,State, Country; Occupation; Hobbies: list a Homepage; list AOL Instant Messanger Handle; Signature; "Make Email Address viewable to others;" and even change the number of Default Topics shown on a page. WHEN others click on your profile, they will see this information.

EFV-8 Club Forum / General Ford Discussion / Need special 36 hardware

Reply to this DiscussionReply to Discussion | Start new discussionNew Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Need special 36 hardware -- page: 1 2

Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts first

Grant
04-29-2014 @ 5:05 AM
Senior

Any other member have a missing or lost nut?

Or bolts or screws?

I would be pleased to pick up and mail whatever you need.

The D111-B is hex, not square, but does fit the step pad mounting stud's threads very nicely.

Facca sells a full line of fasteners including hard-to-find items suitable for EFV8 vehicles. They are an excellent supplier and are always pleased to assist a restorer, but do not have a catalog or shipping department........in-person shopping only at the counter.

Larry Lange
04-27-2014 @ 7:59 PM

Hello, all. I've obtained some good hardware for my 36 Ford rumble seat upper step pad. See Grant Fleming's last update. He found a nice set of brass nuts from Facca, the retailer in Ontario. For others who may need these, the nuts are numbered D111-B, 1/4-18. They'll need to be dressed or machined on the top side to fit the inner contour of the fender. The nut thread is tapered to fit the tapered threads on the pad. Grant believes that we can use rubber garden-hose gaskets as washers/cushions between the step pad and the fender. I also plan to use a metal washer that I've shaped to the fender top.
My thanks again to Grant, a member of Regional Group 149, for all his help and effort.
Larry Lange / PSRG

Grant
04-16-2014 @ 1:58 PM
Senior

Today three 1/4-18 brass nuts were forwarded by mail to Larry in Seattle.......after they were test-fitted on the upper rumble seat step pad which had been removed temporarily from our '36.

They came from a supplier in London, Ontario.

This is Larry's thread, so I'm going to ask him to pass along whatever information he thinks is appropriate and/or helpful.

Larry Lange
04-11-2014 @ 9:49 PM

Don, I'm gradually confirming what you just wrote. I have a new pad in my lower rumble seat step, the one in the right taillight, and it seems to have a taper in the threads. It will also screw into my clutch or brake pedals but the taper prevents me from completely scr*w*ng it into the taillight mount. The set of pads I use on the pedals doesn't seem to have that taper, and those pads screw all the way into the taillight mount. At least two of my very good sources have declared that the threads in the pedal pads are 1/2-18, so I'm searching for a nut to fit that. The only nut I've found for a 1/4-pipe thread is a cap designed for plumbing, and it doesn't fit either of my pad bolts very well. I'm hoping to find something that does. Push comes to shove, I can probably locate a tap and drill a nut out of some kind of stock. I just want to make sure the thing fits securely when I mount it on the fender. I have another 36 owner also trying to find the right hardware. I'm hoping the search won't turn out to be a fool's errand, but, hey, half the fun of restoration is in the pursuit.
Larry Lange / PSRG

Don Rogers
04-09-2014 @ 6:18 AM
Senior

Larry, Going back to your original question regarding the nut(48-714026) thread size. The original nut used a 1/4" pipe thread. That is why you never find a lock washer in the upper step plate assembly. Apparently there was enough taper in the 1/4" pipe thread to allow the nut to tighten securely without the use of a lock washer. I also believe that the original 40-2454 pedal/step pads had a 1/4" pipe thread also.

Don Rogers
04-09-2014 @ 5:26 AM
Senior

40 Coupe, Don't go to a lot of trouble on my part. The photos are good enough that together with the images from the hardware book, people can tell what things look like.

Your mention of a round washer (48-714029) is interesting. Some of my sketches from my 8/10/07 visit to the Archives show a round washer with a 1 1/2" od.
(see image)

Your photos and the Hardware and Trim Book images seem to indicate that there were 2 styles.

40 Coupe
04-09-2014 @ 5:01 AM
Senior

The pieces are also pictured in the Ford hardware book. Although the book does not give the profile and show the arch radius. The hardware is now attached to my car and I am a bit hesitant to remove it, but I will take a look and if it is not painted I'll get it off and send better photos to Don. I noticed someone on Exxx selling the square washer maybe a week ago. I also noticed the washer in a OD round form a couple of years ago.

Larry Lange
04-08-2014 @ 10:46 AM

Well, 40 Coupe, I'm glad you took the photos. That and the graphics are the only sources I know of that describe this hardware.

Now that we know Roy Nacewicz doesn't supply these pieces, do you know of anybody who is?

Larry Lange / PSRG

Don Rogers
04-08-2014 @ 10:16 AM
Senior

40 Coupe, That graphic was something I threw together to help someone in the past. I also didn't know that it would get so much exposure or I would have given you photo credit. If you have better photos, please send them to me and I will insert them in the graphic and neaten it up a bit.

Regards

Larry Lange
04-08-2014 @ 8:54 AM

Well, 40 Coupe, thanks for taking the pictures. They're the only source I've found that shows what the hardware looks like.

I know Roy Nascewicz hasn't produced any duplicates of the hardware. Have you heard of anyone who has?

Larry Lange / PSRG

<< previous || next >> 
PAGE: 1 2

NOTE: YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED USER AND BE LOGGED IN TO POST (and reply to) messages in this forum. If you are a first time user, please click the CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT in the masthead above to register and Log In. After that, all you do is LOG IN to enjoy using this site.

DISCLAIMER: The V-8 Club does no independent testing of any of the opinions, thoughts or suggestions presented in the website on the Forum, in the Tech Tips section, or any section. A reader should consider the website to be a forum wherein differing solutions to a particular set of circumstances may be discussed. Ultimately, the selection of an item for an individual's vehicle must be based upon the independent study of the vehicle owner in consultation with people in the hobby and restoration experts.

EFV-8 Club Forum Home | Back to Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

Copyright © 2009 - EFV-8.org