LOGIN
  • Post to the EFV-8 Forum
  • Post Classified Ads
  • Shop the Online Store
User Login

Not Registered Yet? Click Here to Sign Up!

(Forgot your Password?)
Remember me on this computer

Not registered yet?
REGISTER NOW!

Back to Home Page Show Forum Rules

Early Ford V-8 Club Forum

FORUM RULES: Users agree to these Rules when using Forum.

The site administrator reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the user agreement without prior notice to the user. It is the responsibility of the user to regularly review the terms of this agreement.

The user agrees to the following terms:

1. All information that you provide to us for your membership is correct.
  2. You will not use your membership to spam, harrass, or exploit other members in any way.
  3. Vulgar, Abusive, Racist and Sexist Language will not be tolerated.
  4. Commercial-type sales postings will not be allowed.
  5. No mass posting or flooding of the boards is allowed.
  6. No Advertising of parts or cars; no Ebay or business/commercial ads (please use the "Classified" for ads Wanted or For Sale).
  7. VIEWING MULTIPLE TOPICS ON SCREEN: You can choose to see more than 10 Topics at a time ... Log In and choose "Preferences" from the top bar on the Forum page. Scroll down and Change the "Default Topics Returned" parameter to 25 or 50, and save the changes. Since this setting is stored in your browser 'cookies' (if enabled), it seems to use that stored value even if you are not logged in. So, if you use a PC that you haven't logged into the forum from, the setting still seem to remain at the default.
  8. EXTERNAL PHOTO LINKS ON FORUM: You can still use external photo links in your posts on the new forum. They follow the rules of any link in that they have to have the URL link qualified down to the full image file name (example: .jpg). The links will open in a new browser window, the same as an uploaded image attached to a post. Since an image attachment to any post does not display inline with the post, the results are the same. You can use multiple external links within a post. This link is from photos on a site from Don Clink's 'Deuce@75' albums:

http://donclink.com/deuce_75_1/images/dscn2950.jpg

Using links from photo sites such as Photobucket can help in "size" issue with uploaded attachment files. For best viewing in web browsers, photos should be around the 800x600 pixel range, and probably not more than 1024x768. Most cameras today store HUGE jpg image files, as the default settings are in the 7, 8, 10, and 12Mb image sizes. The image files that are then attached are very large, and the browser can't display the full image size without using the scroll bars. Use the re-sizing functions of your photo editing software to reduce the image to 800x600, which reduces the file sixe and the image load time in the browser. Don uses Google's free Picassa3 software, which is an excellent photo management product. All of the photo albums of the Deuce, Grand National, and Auburn that are links on the NORG site were built using Picassa's web creation functions. And it's free? (THANKS to Don Clink for the info!)
  9. HOW DO I SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS ALONG WITH MY USERNAME? You can LogIn on the Forum, and select PREFERENCES. On this page Members can add optional information such as their City,State, Country; Occupation; Hobbies: list a Homepage; list AOL Instant Messanger Handle; Signature; "Make Email Address viewable to others;" and even change the number of Default Topics shown on a page. WHEN others click on your profile, they will see this information.

EFV-8 Club Forum / General Ford Discussion / June 11 Grand Tour

Reply to this DiscussionReply to Discussion | Start new discussionNew Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: June 11 Grand Tour

Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts first

334 Fan
06-12-2013 @ 10:18 PM

Ken and Nelda Lewis from Abilene, Texas who brought their '49 Merc met up with us at Kimball, NE and joined in just in time to PARTY. We got a call from past president Craig Gorris that he was in Kearney,NE and might catch up with us tomorrow or Thursday.
We still have not seen Craig Floyd. He started out and broke an axle not far from home so he turned around and was going to get another car.
Got a report from the "32 boys" from NY; Pat McFarlane & Mark Moriarty who left the tour Sunday morning and headed toward Kansas, Pikes Peak, and Grand Canyon. Both experiencing bad vapor lock problems with 109 degree temperatures. They have deceided to cancel their plan and are heading toward Lake Tahoe where they will rejoin the tour.
The folks at Kimball were awesome,and the Stahla-Ford band were super entertainment. They kept the crowd dancing all night. As the evening closed down all the V-8 Tour Participants gathered for a group picture with the band.

trjford8
06-12-2013 @ 7:13 AM
Senior

Looks like everybody is having a great time. I did see some sunshine in the photos, so hope you have good weather all the way to Tahoe. The "worker bees" are headed to Tahoe on Friday to start setting up for the big event.

JM
06-12-2013 @ 5:32 AM
Senior

Frank, correction on above. I replaced the distributor assembly along the road just before dark. The motorhome with trailer was on the way to get me but the '35 was running good so I just followed them to the hotel. The band was still playing at the hotel when I got there at 10:00 pm but I was too tired to do any partying

John

This message was edited by JM on 6-12-13 @ 5:33 AM

FrankM-RG5
06-11-2013 @ 10:59 PM

I do not even know where to start. The day began rather easy. The Pink Flamingo and another couple in a truck and trailer traveled with me. We got to North Platte and I said we were too early for our lunch stop so let's find a museum. So I googled it and thought the Cody Park Train Museum might be fun. We have been traveling Route 30 which parallels the tracks across the state of Nebraska. Needless to say it was a rather fascinating stop and I was able to get permission to park our cars next to the train for a photo op. Fred even got his 42 out of the trailer.
From there we were off to Ole's Big Game Restaurant in Paxton Nebraska. While on the way I got a phone call from Bill that he had a flat and was behind us. He was on the road but had no spare left so he was worried about traveling alone. I told him we would wait for him at the restaurant.
In the meantime we got there and had lunch. Met up with a few other people. Some were leaving. The restaurant has been there since the 30s and has a lot of taxidermy on display. Of course eating the buffalo burger with the buffalo staring sown at you can be a bit unnerving.
While waiting for Bill we did a little maintenance and relaxed in the small town of Paxton. Other than the occasional train it was very quiet. Bill finally arrived had lunch and we were on our way via 81 for a short distance as there was some road work on 30.
After being on the highway for a bit Arel noticed John's car in the rest area as we were passing it. We had to park after the exit and walk back to John. He thought he had it fixed and it was running so he joined our group and we were off for about 5 seconds when Arel's car overheated because he left the engine idling in 90 degree heat. A few more minutes to get coolant back into it and we were off. The pink flamingo got off an exit too soon and I followed him. We ended up hitting the freshly sanded road. Not too disastrous. I stopped at an Antique shop and the Pink Flaming was on his way. I did catch up and pass him and we drove into Kimball together only to find out John was still broke down. He ended up getting it trailered back. More to follow on that.
I am sorry to be long winded but this is where the excitement starts. Kimball Nebraska is a town of about 2500 people. They declared it National V8 Day and read a proclamation welcoming us to their town. They had a car show, a band, fed us and just showed us hospitality beyond our wildest dreams. I met a farmer who told me about farming. 18-20 hour days and he said his profit puts him at poverty level. He has a 3500 acre farm he maintains by himself. I told him I cannot even manage a small yard and a dog.
The party went on til 9:30. We also picked up an hour so that is like 10:30. I am wiped out.

http://s34.photobucket.com/user/frankm3/library/June%2011%202013

<< previous || next >> 

NOTE: YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED USER AND BE LOGGED IN TO POST (and reply to) messages in this forum. If you are a first time user, please click the CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT in the masthead above to register and Log In. After that, all you do is LOG IN to enjoy using this site.

DISCLAIMER: The V-8 Club does no independent testing of any of the opinions, thoughts or suggestions presented in the website on the Forum, in the Tech Tips section, or any section. A reader should consider the website to be a forum wherein differing solutions to a particular set of circumstances may be discussed. Ultimately, the selection of an item for an individual's vehicle must be based upon the independent study of the vehicle owner in consultation with people in the hobby and restoration experts.

EFV-8 Club Forum Home | Back to Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

Copyright © 2009 - EFV-8.org