LOGIN
  • Post to the EFV-8 Forum
  • Post Classified Ads
  • Shop the Online Store
User Login

Not Registered Yet? Click Here to Sign Up!

(Forgot your Password?)
Remember me on this computer

Not registered yet?
REGISTER NOW!

Back to Home Page Show Forum Rules

Early Ford V-8 Club Forum

FORUM RULES: Users agree to these Rules when using Forum.

The site administrator reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the user agreement without prior notice to the user. It is the responsibility of the user to regularly review the terms of this agreement.

The user agrees to the following terms:

1. All information that you provide to us for your membership is correct.
  2. You will not use your membership to spam, harrass, or exploit other members in any way.
  3. Vulgar, Abusive, Racist and Sexist Language will not be tolerated.
  4. Commercial-type sales postings will not be allowed.
  5. No mass posting or flooding of the boards is allowed.
  6. No Advertising of parts or cars; no Ebay or business/commercial ads (please use the "Classified" for ads Wanted or For Sale).
  7. VIEWING MULTIPLE TOPICS ON SCREEN: You can choose to see more than 10 Topics at a time ... Log In and choose "Preferences" from the top bar on the Forum page. Scroll down and Change the "Default Topics Returned" parameter to 25 or 50, and save the changes. Since this setting is stored in your browser 'cookies' (if enabled), it seems to use that stored value even if you are not logged in. So, if you use a PC that you haven't logged into the forum from, the setting still seem to remain at the default.
  8. EXTERNAL PHOTO LINKS ON FORUM: You can still use external photo links in your posts on the new forum. They follow the rules of any link in that they have to have the URL link qualified down to the full image file name (example: .jpg). The links will open in a new browser window, the same as an uploaded image attached to a post. Since an image attachment to any post does not display inline with the post, the results are the same. You can use multiple external links within a post. This link is from photos on a site from Don Clink's 'Deuce@75' albums:

http://donclink.com/deuce_75_1/images/dscn2950.jpg

Using links from photo sites such as Photobucket can help in "size" issue with uploaded attachment files. For best viewing in web browsers, photos should be around the 800x600 pixel range, and probably not more than 1024x768. Most cameras today store HUGE jpg image files, as the default settings are in the 7, 8, 10, and 12Mb image sizes. The image files that are then attached are very large, and the browser can't display the full image size without using the scroll bars. Use the re-sizing functions of your photo editing software to reduce the image to 800x600, which reduces the file sixe and the image load time in the browser. Don uses Google's free Picassa3 software, which is an excellent photo management product. All of the photo albums of the Deuce, Grand National, and Auburn that are links on the NORG site were built using Picassa's web creation functions. And it's free? (THANKS to Don Clink for the info!)
  9. HOW DO I SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS ALONG WITH MY USERNAME? You can LogIn on the Forum, and select PREFERENCES. On this page Members can add optional information such as their City,State, Country; Occupation; Hobbies: list a Homepage; list AOL Instant Messanger Handle; Signature; "Make Email Address viewable to others;" and even change the number of Default Topics shown on a page. WHEN others click on your profile, they will see this information.

EFV-8 Club Forum / General Ford Discussion / Openness and Transparency is Needed

Reply to this DiscussionReply to Discussion | Start new discussionNew Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Openness and Transparency is Needed

Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts first

jim5618
12-09-2011 @ 9:05 PM

As a point of information to those seeking disclosure of financial information, As a non-profit, the club is requires to provide the last three years of 990 tax returns including financial schedules to anyone requesting them. However a post on a forum is not a formal request and I would not expect an organization to post financial information on their website. It is not unusual for an organization to hold an operating cash reserve. The question is how that reserve compares to their annual operating budget.

supereal
12-09-2011 @ 2:27 PM
Senior

If I read my friend Bob York's post correctly, it was a financial decision based upon the likely number of owners who would be seeking the 35-36 pickup book. In these times, it is hard to quarrel over costs of any kind. If a mistake was made, it was to not make the decision to end the project before the work was begun. If substantial material has been gathered, perhaps those who have an interest would be willing to contribute some support to allow the project to proceed, or to purchase the existing materials. As the ranks of those of use who revere the old Ford culture are thinned, I suspect this isn't the last of such considerations.

Mike34
12-09-2011 @ 7:42 AM

Dave, your point is well taken and was considered when I collected my thoughts. I erred when I copied and pasted text from MSWord into the forum form. It should have included this sentence. “A follow-up or parallel action would be to post the letter on this site, accessible to members.”
I did, however, purposely want to emphasize letters to the RGs as vital because monthly RG meetings are a forum for face to face group discussions. With the exception of National meets, the monthly RG meetings are for many, the only time that members get together. So why are face to face discussions important? Read some of the postings on the various forums. Some of it is factual and thoughtful and some of it is speculation and conjecture. Some of it is productive and some of it is not. Face to face discussions are hands down significantly more productive than on-line debates because they provide an unseen mechanism of checks and balances which can keep things in perspective.
I believe that continued on-line forum postings and/or rebuttals by decision makers will have limited productivity. What I would like to see at this time on the National Club’s Current News page is not a rebuttal to the outcries but rather a simple acknowledgement that the membership has been heard and that a response will be formulated and distributed to the membership. I encourage every RG to hold a discussion on this topic (after we hear from the National Club). Debate it to the nth degree and then provide a response/reply to your National Director. Respectfully, Mike

3w2
12-08-2011 @ 2:00 PM
Senior

Mike,

I agree with your comments, but the information should not be made only to the regional groups, but also to the members, who, after all, are the Club's owners.

David Rehor

Mike34
12-08-2011 @ 12:13 PM

With all due respect, I found no clarity in the posting “Clarity on the 35-36 Pickup Book.” The post and replies are creating a lot of questions in my mind.
The EFV8 Club Officers and Board of Directors are elected with the power to make decisions that affect the wellbeing of the club (in a corporate sense) and the membership. The decision to cancel the club’s first book on pickup trucks has certainly struck a nerve with many members. I am surprised by the outpouring of dismay by members and non-members to whom the club sells a lot of books. I think that it would be unwise for the officers and board members to ignore this outcry. As exhibited on several web sites, there is a lot of conjecture regarding the demise of the 35-36 Pickup Book. And it will continue until all of the facts are presented. A short rebuttal by the club President on this site was not the proper way to address this topic. As members of a club we put our trust in management. We hold you accountable to keep the membership’s interests in hand. It sounds like the membership is asking for some openness and transparency on this topic and you are obligated to reply. As a member of the EFV8 Club I’d like to see the facts presented, not just in words but in numbers. An annual financial report for the club would also go a long way to frame this debate and put things in perspective. I respectfully ask that the Officers and Board Members compose a letter addressing the topics mentioned herein and mail it to each Regional Group. Regards, Mike Brown

<< previous || next >> 

NOTE: YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED USER AND BE LOGGED IN TO POST (and reply to) messages in this forum. If you are a first time user, please click the CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT in the masthead above to register and Log In. After that, all you do is LOG IN to enjoy using this site.

DISCLAIMER: The V-8 Club does no independent testing of any of the opinions, thoughts or suggestions presented in the website on the Forum, in the Tech Tips section, or any section. A reader should consider the website to be a forum wherein differing solutions to a particular set of circumstances may be discussed. Ultimately, the selection of an item for an individual's vehicle must be based upon the independent study of the vehicle owner in consultation with people in the hobby and restoration experts.

EFV-8 Club Forum Home | Back to Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

Copyright © 2009 - EFV-8.org