LOGIN
  • Post to the EFV-8 Forum
  • Post Classified Ads
  • Shop the Online Store
User Login

Not Registered Yet? Click Here to Sign Up!

(Forgot your Password?)
Remember me on this computer

Not registered yet?
REGISTER NOW!

Back to Home Page Show Forum Rules

Early Ford V-8 Club Forum

FORUM RULES: Users agree to these Rules when using Forum.

The site administrator reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the user agreement without prior notice to the user. It is the responsibility of the user to regularly review the terms of this agreement.

The user agrees to the following terms:

1. All information that you provide to us for your membership is correct.
  2. You will not use your membership to spam, harrass, or exploit other members in any way.
  3. Vulgar, Abusive, Racist and Sexist Language will not be tolerated.
  4. Commercial-type sales postings will not be allowed.
  5. No mass posting or flooding of the boards is allowed.
  6. No Advertising of parts or cars; no Ebay or business/commercial ads (please use the "Classified" for ads Wanted or For Sale).
  7. VIEWING MULTIPLE TOPICS ON SCREEN: You can choose to see more than 10 Topics at a time ... Log In and choose "Preferences" from the top bar on the Forum page. Scroll down and Change the "Default Topics Returned" parameter to 25 or 50, and save the changes. Since this setting is stored in your browser 'cookies' (if enabled), it seems to use that stored value even if you are not logged in. So, if you use a PC that you haven't logged into the forum from, the setting still seem to remain at the default.
  8. EXTERNAL PHOTO LINKS ON FORUM: You can still use external photo links in your posts on the new forum. They follow the rules of any link in that they have to have the URL link qualified down to the full image file name (example: .jpg). The links will open in a new browser window, the same as an uploaded image attached to a post. Since an image attachment to any post does not display inline with the post, the results are the same. You can use multiple external links within a post. This link is from photos on a site from Don Clink's 'Deuce@75' albums:

http://donclink.com/deuce_75_1/images/dscn2950.jpg

Using links from photo sites such as Photobucket can help in "size" issue with uploaded attachment files. For best viewing in web browsers, photos should be around the 800x600 pixel range, and probably not more than 1024x768. Most cameras today store HUGE jpg image files, as the default settings are in the 7, 8, 10, and 12Mb image sizes. The image files that are then attached are very large, and the browser can't display the full image size without using the scroll bars. Use the re-sizing functions of your photo editing software to reduce the image to 800x600, which reduces the file sixe and the image load time in the browser. Don uses Google's free Picassa3 software, which is an excellent photo management product. All of the photo albums of the Deuce, Grand National, and Auburn that are links on the NORG site were built using Picassa's web creation functions. And it's free? (THANKS to Don Clink for the info!)
  9. HOW DO I SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS ALONG WITH MY USERNAME? You can LogIn on the Forum, and select PREFERENCES. On this page Members can add optional information such as their City,State, Country; Occupation; Hobbies: list a Homepage; list AOL Instant Messanger Handle; Signature; "Make Email Address viewable to others;" and even change the number of Default Topics shown on a page. WHEN others click on your profile, they will see this information.

EFV-8 Club Forum / General Ford Discussion / What I did over Christmas break

Reply to this DiscussionReply to Discussion | Start new discussionNew Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: What I did over Christmas break -- page: 1 2 3

Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts first

deuce_roadster
01-02-2011 @ 9:54 AM

Bill, Every club has someone who is like the person you described. In our club it is someone who has never finished anything in his life but runs down everyone else's work. Ignore those type of people, they are just insecure fools. If you had 4 NOS fenders he would have wanted proof the air in the tires was original.

Alan,
The amount of new post war stuff sitting around boggles the mind.

alanwoodieman
01-02-2011 @ 9:47 AM
Senior

also one of the engines was NOS when installed. I took pictures of the Stude engine and sent them to a friend who is into Studebakers

carguy
01-02-2011 @ 6:51 AM

Interesting thread. My '34, to the best of my limited knowledge, is almost perfectly original and the more I learn about originality the more I appreciate the efforts of the unknown person who restored it.

Years ago, at a EFV8 meet in Branson I met a man who was badmouthing a '34 that he knew of that had evidence of an original LF fender that had been damaged and repaired. Unknown to him that is my car. I could replace the fender with a new reproduction but I kinda like the idea that it still has the original, repaired, fender.

Bill Brown
'34 Cabriolet

deuce_roadster
01-01-2011 @ 10:37 AM

Alan, no I wasn't aware of that. I do recall that there was something different or special about the superchargers on it or maybe all the late planes. I have seen static display radials that had Ford script on the main case.

alanwoodieman
01-01-2011 @ 9:23 AM
Senior

Deuce did you realize that you riding in a B17 with three Wright engines and one STUDE, yea made under liscence by Wright,

wrosenkrans
12-31-2010 @ 12:23 PM

I worked for about 6mo. at the airfield in Geneseo, NY, back in '84 on their B-17, Fuddy Duddy, and PBY. Actually got some right-seat time in the 17 going to airshows in Albany and upstate Jersey - life doesn't get much better than that. When the planes were home somebody had to crank the engines up twice a week and move them around to avoid flat spots on the tires. An old A&P mechanic and I got that distinct pleasure. Also got rides in the rear jumpseats of a P-51 and a P-40.

At the "Wings of Freedom" airshow in '86 we had four B-17's, a B-24, and the Canadian's Lancaster do a flyby with 6 Mustang's, a P-47, and the P-40 on top - what an amazing sight and sound.

The photo is a banked shot of Fuddy overhead.

Wayne & Barb
'42 Super De Luxe Tudor

deuce_roadster
12-31-2010 @ 11:07 AM

Allenwoodieman,
Since we are this far off topic ( I DO like the tool display) I wanted to let you know that last year I took some of my swap meet earnings and paid the 300 some dollars for a ride in the Aluminum Overcast when it was here in Seattle (where many 17s were built). Well worth the money, got to go up in the nose where the bombidier sat and took pictures as we flew over flattops at the Bremerton Navy yard. The 4 radials were really cool--like a big Harley with wings! So next opportunity you get--DO IT!
Besides the ride, your money gets you a year membership in the EAA and their magazine has many good articles about building homebuilt airplanes which I think would be interesting to anyone in this group.

alanwoodieman
12-31-2010 @ 10:12 AM
Senior

this fall I took my 11 year old grandson to see"the aluminum overcast" a B17 that was on display, one of these days I am going into hock just so I can ride in one, love to hear a radial engine plane and imagine what it was like to be under a group of them flying overhead-would be awsome to quote my grandson

wrosenkrans
12-31-2010 @ 7:31 AM

My daughter, 21, is very into history, including the cars and era fashion - particularly the '30s and '40s. We attended the Model T Centennial a couple years ago and she met several young folks like her, that's where the Speedster idea was born. The plan is to have it finished by the time she graduates college next year and take it on the Speedster Run in Monterey. She's names all of our cars (the '42 is Ellie, short for Eleanor), and creates all of our descriptive posters. She's also become pretty proficient at doing '40s era hairstyles which has come in handy with the theatre productions at school. My son, 26, likes the cars, but just isn't into them to the extent she is. However, he can name most WWII aircraft on sight and still looks up whenever he hears a radial engine going over.

The picture is her sitting on the runningboard of grandpa's Model T last year. I have a similar one of her at age 2 sitting on the same running board.

Wayne & Barb
'42 Super De Luxe Tudor

alanwoodieman
12-31-2010 @ 6:22 AM
Senior

you know what is the best part of your last comment was? MY DAUGHTER AND I, great staement, it means somewhere out there is a younger generation forging a love of old cars and things and of Father's and sons and daughters bonding-you have my sincere congradulations!!

ps-both my sons have a love of old cars-just my luck, not Fords but bowties

<< previous || next >> 
PAGE: 1 2 3

NOTE: YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED USER AND BE LOGGED IN TO POST (and reply to) messages in this forum. If you are a first time user, please click the CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT in the masthead above to register and Log In. After that, all you do is LOG IN to enjoy using this site.

DISCLAIMER: The V-8 Club does no independent testing of any of the opinions, thoughts or suggestions presented in the website on the Forum, in the Tech Tips section, or any section. A reader should consider the website to be a forum wherein differing solutions to a particular set of circumstances may be discussed. Ultimately, the selection of an item for an individual's vehicle must be based upon the independent study of the vehicle owner in consultation with people in the hobby and restoration experts.

EFV-8 Club Forum Home | Back to Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

Copyright © 2009 - EFV-8.org