LOGIN
  • Post to the EFV-8 Forum
  • Post Classified Ads
  • Shop the Online Store
User Login

Not Registered Yet? Click Here to Sign Up!

(Forgot your Password?)
Remember me on this computer

Not registered yet?
REGISTER NOW!

Back to Home Page Show Forum Rules

Early Ford V-8 Club Forum

FORUM RULES: Users agree to these Rules when using Forum.

The site administrator reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the user agreement without prior notice to the user. It is the responsibility of the user to regularly review the terms of this agreement.

The user agrees to the following terms:

1. All information that you provide to us for your membership is correct.
  2. You will not use your membership to spam, harrass, or exploit other members in any way.
  3. Vulgar, Abusive, Racist and Sexist Language will not be tolerated.
  4. Commercial-type sales postings will not be allowed.
  5. No mass posting or flooding of the boards is allowed.
  6. No Advertising of parts or cars; no Ebay or business/commercial ads (please use the "Classified" for ads Wanted or For Sale).
  7. VIEWING MULTIPLE TOPICS ON SCREEN: You can choose to see more than 10 Topics at a time ... Log In and choose "Preferences" from the top bar on the Forum page. Scroll down and Change the "Default Topics Returned" parameter to 25 or 50, and save the changes. Since this setting is stored in your browser 'cookies' (if enabled), it seems to use that stored value even if you are not logged in. So, if you use a PC that you haven't logged into the forum from, the setting still seem to remain at the default.
  8. EXTERNAL PHOTO LINKS ON FORUM: You can still use external photo links in your posts on the new forum. They follow the rules of any link in that they have to have the URL link qualified down to the full image file name (example: .jpg). The links will open in a new browser window, the same as an uploaded image attached to a post. Since an image attachment to any post does not display inline with the post, the results are the same. You can use multiple external links within a post. This link is from photos on a site from Don Clink's 'Deuce@75' albums:

http://donclink.com/deuce_75_1/images/dscn2950.jpg

Using links from photo sites such as Photobucket can help in "size" issue with uploaded attachment files. For best viewing in web browsers, photos should be around the 800x600 pixel range, and probably not more than 1024x768. Most cameras today store HUGE jpg image files, as the default settings are in the 7, 8, 10, and 12Mb image sizes. The image files that are then attached are very large, and the browser can't display the full image size without using the scroll bars. Use the re-sizing functions of your photo editing software to reduce the image to 800x600, which reduces the file sixe and the image load time in the browser. Don uses Google's free Picassa3 software, which is an excellent photo management product. All of the photo albums of the Deuce, Grand National, and Auburn that are links on the NORG site were built using Picassa's web creation functions. And it's free? (THANKS to Don Clink for the info!)
  9. HOW DO I SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS ALONG WITH MY USERNAME? You can LogIn on the Forum, and select PREFERENCES. On this page Members can add optional information such as their City,State, Country; Occupation; Hobbies: list a Homepage; list AOL Instant Messanger Handle; Signature; "Make Email Address viewable to others;" and even change the number of Default Topics shown on a page. WHEN others click on your profile, they will see this information.

EFV-8 Club Forum / General Ford Discussion / GUESS THE RIGHT MODEL FOR THIS 1937 V8

Reply to this DiscussionReply to Discussion | Start new discussionNew Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: GUESS THE RIGHT MODEL FOR THIS 1937 V8

Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts first

SANTIAGO
11-24-2010 @ 3:49 AM

guys
thanks a lot for the information. I send a mail to Le Baron Boney to ask for a top (kit) they told me they dont have for this model (roadster) do you know any other shop that provides this spare part for ford? the othe alternative is to do it here in Argentina.
My second queistion is if somebody can help me wiht a photo of how the window must look in the roadster. I have been lookin to many samples in the web but couldnt find a detail one. For the other quiestions, yes the glass in the door, I am sure is something they had modify, its to thin compare to the one I used to have in my othe club cabriolet, and the vent doesent match for any model. the big problem is that they put new numbers to have a new licens in one of the provinces in my country 20 years ago.
thanks to everybody and please send me the photos if you can to have another ford 37 as much original as possible.
santiago

ford38v8
11-23-2010 @ 8:11 PM
Senior

Santiago, The rear fenders may indeed be from a 1940 Ford sedan, twisted inward to meet the body. This would also explain the odd mounting of the '40 tail lights. Both the cabriolet and the roadster used the same doors, but for the rolled over area in place of the window channels. Although this car appears basically straight, the many incorrect or missing details and work required to bring it back to top condition would drive the price down to 10k in the U.S. Conversion to left hand drive, in my opinion, would not be worth the investment to do so, as so many things would change. Something curious to me though, I never thought of before, is that left and right hand drive both used the same firewall, with battery and radio in the same locations for both.

Alan

drkbp
11-23-2010 @ 6:14 PM

Santiago,

Is the window that is up in one photo of the left front door side go up and down in the door? I can't see the window in the right front door.

The top irons I have ('38 cabriolet) look just like what I see in your photos. They scissor into the center just like in your picture. Unlike the '35 & '36 cabriolets, the whole window rim meets with a seal when fully up.

A picture looking down on the top of door and an inside top iron shot would clear it up maybe. The other two folks can probably nail it down for you.

Ken

SANTIAGO
11-23-2010 @ 3:35 PM

37ragtopman
hi; I am in Argentina (south america), 15 yeares ago I had a cabriolet coupe. Now I want to find this car, 37 (roadster or cabriolet) with rumbel seat
The car has two engines, the second was new frmo a sherman war tank. THe owner is asking 20 k for it.
It runs perfect and need to put the correct wheel, and to rebuild the mud guards (rear), new gas tank (has a reproduction) and new upholstery. also some paint and instrumental.
do you think is easy to change the location for the wheel driver position?
Wich is the price in usa for a car in this conditions?
thanks again for your information. I am asking also if somebody has the original picture for the door with the courtains
santiago

SANTIAGO
11-23-2010 @ 3:24 PM

ken
thanks, but wich is the differnce between the cabriolet and the roadster?
The glasses for the window seem to be a modification.
do you know where I can see a detail picture of the door with the courtains?
thanks for you help¡¡¡¡
santiago

37RAGTOPMAN
11-23-2010 @ 3:10 PM
Senior

some one added the vent windows to the CABRIOLET,
if it has door glass it is a CABRIOLET,
The rear fenders are the wrong ones, they tilt in at the bottom, making them apear narrow,especially at the bottom,
all the fenders when mounted on the body are the width.
it hard to describe here.
the CABRIOLET, COUPE ,ROADSTER,have different fenders then the sedans, all when installed are the same width,
car is only so wide,
just a little different shape,it has to do with the rumble seat, and trunk area,the bussel back,[ SLOPE of theback of car, ] it is a different shape then the sedans,and takes a different fender,
my 3 cents worth 37RAGTOPMAN and keep on FORDIN,,,!!!
YOU BUYING THE CAR, ??? or OWN IT ?

drkbp
11-23-2010 @ 10:12 AM

ford38V8,

You have to be correct. I didn't recall that the door on the roadster is so much like the cabriolet.
I saw a '37 roadster at the Pate swap meet years ago. I thought the top of the door was smooth over to the inside of the door panel but my recollection often gets me in trouble.

Ken

ford38v8
11-22-2010 @ 9:08 PM
Senior

Santiago, From the pictures and your noting side curtain post holes, it would seem to be a 1937 roadster, the only Ford roadster with integral windshield frame. Roadsters did also have fasteners along the door side, which may have been filled when the window glass was installed. The vents do appear modified to fit also, indicating glass and mechanism from another car. The correct location for the spare tire was vertical behind the drivers seat, mounted to a brace between the floor and the bottom of the package tray.

Alan

drkbp
11-22-2010 @ 5:16 PM

It is a cabriolet, model 760 I believe. The club cabriolet for that and other years does not have a rumble seat.
Yes, someone has altered the window which is one piece. The channels are probably still in the door so it could be put back like it was. The stainless goes all the way around the exposed window when it is raised.
The spare goes behind the front seat. The front seat should lean forward to access it.
Also, the rear fenders are off a sedan. The coupe, cabriolet and roadster fenders are wider.

Hope this helps,
Ken

SANTIAGO
11-22-2010 @ 3:14 PM

CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME IF THIS IS A ROADSTER OR A CABRIOLET WITH A RUMBEL SEAT?
SEEMS TO HAVE THE GLASSES OF THE DOOR MODIFY, THEY ADDED THE GLASS AND A TRIANGLE OF GLASS (RIGID) TO COVER ALL THE WINDOW. BUT I SEE SOME HOLES IN THE BODY THAT SEEMS TO BE FOR THE COURTAINS OF A RODSTER.
WHERAR DOES THE SPARTE TIRES GOES?
THANKS TO EVERYBODY
WWW.ARCAR.ORG/FORD-1937-COUPE-ROADSTER-21074

<< previous || next >> 

NOTE: YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED USER AND BE LOGGED IN TO POST (and reply to) messages in this forum. If you are a first time user, please click the CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT in the masthead above to register and Log In. After that, all you do is LOG IN to enjoy using this site.

DISCLAIMER: The V-8 Club does no independent testing of any of the opinions, thoughts or suggestions presented in the website on the Forum, in the Tech Tips section, or any section. A reader should consider the website to be a forum wherein differing solutions to a particular set of circumstances may be discussed. Ultimately, the selection of an item for an individual's vehicle must be based upon the independent study of the vehicle owner in consultation with people in the hobby and restoration experts.

EFV-8 Club Forum Home | Back to Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

Copyright © 2009 - EFV-8.org