Topic: 1932 FORD STATION WAGEN

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 01-07-2010 @ 1:44 PM
  I have a 1932 FORD STATION WAGEN taillight bracket,
this is a new old stock, the part numbers 77-18489-B
the numbers 89 might be different,this is what I made out on when looking at it, the black paint is hiding the numbers completely,
it said in the FORD GREEN BIBLE,that it fit 1932 FORD STATION WAGENS,and later FORD TRUCKS,
ANY BODY HAVE MORE INFO ?
THANKS 37RAGTOPMAN
I ENCLOSED A PICTURE,

3w2    -- 01-07-2010 @ 9:43 PM
  Sorry, but '32 station wagons were produced utilizing a B-13470 tail lamp bracket which attached to the underside of body near its rear end. The bracket shown in your photo (in addition to carrying a '37 part number) attaches to the side of the body at the extreme rear and is quite different from the '32 production bracket. The application that you cite in the 1948 parts catalogue would be as a service replacement, although not a very straight-forward one.

For reference, the B-13470 bracket is shown on page 6-24 of the Club's new '32 Ford book.

David

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 01-08-2010 @ 7:25 AM
  HI 3w2
it looks like FORD had these for the heavy duty trucks, and came up with the idea, that they could sell these to replace the 32 taillight bracket,because
they were close enough to do the job, instead of having the correct one made or the 32 wagons,and not a fits all,
its a wonder who put them in the FORD GREEN PARTS
BOOK,
I do not have the 32 book,but would like to compare the 2,
I just bought the 37 FORD book,its nice and has a lot of information, in it if you are restoring a 37,
thanks for you answer,
37RAGTOPMAN

ford38v8    -- 01-08-2010 @ 9:12 AM
  Ragtopman, and to anyone who worships the Green Bible, this is just one of a plethora of examples why nobody should rely on this book for concourse correct parts. It has always been standard operating procedure to replace a previous part with a compatible (when possible) newer part, discontinuing production of the previous. Ford was not in the business of supplying parts to purists, only to those who wanted to keep their cars on the road. The catalog closest to the year of a car is the preferred one to use, as it lists only the original correct part.

Alan

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 01-08-2010 @ 6:01 PM
  ford38v8
BY NO MEANS do I worship the green FORD parts book,
I never said I did.
I only found the reference to this part in it,and thought the 2 parts might be the same with only the part numbers changed, But I found out that they are not,
I guess it was one of THOSE,,,, FORDS BETTER IDEAS,
I bought out a CLOSED DOWN FORD DEARLER.books, but still do not have a 32 book, but some real nice 33 34 books and later,V8'S
even have the new car price list what they paid for them back then,and what they sold them for and also the accessary's
37RAGTOPMAN

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=19&Topic=572