Topic: 1932 Ford v/8 engine paint questions

nwjm    -- 05-05-2024 @ 12:40 PM
  What colour is the short round steel cover that houses the starter bendix on the aluminum oil pans? Is the throw out bearing cover on the transmission case also painted Ford engine green? I could not find these covered in David Rehor,s judging standards book.

3w2    -- 05-06-2024 @ 1:49 PM
  Indirectly, you first question is answered in thee book by the photo on page 6-8 which can be interpreted as argent paint. Many of the originals that I have encountered were unpainted, however. The stamped cover for the clutch inspectition hole in the transmission bell housing follows the general rule, namely that stampings were painted gloss black.

nwjm    -- 05-06-2024 @ 8:34 PM
  My book ( blue, 2nd printing,Sept. 2005 ) has no pics on pages 6 to 8. The only comments say the oil pan is unfinished aluminum. If the round steel cover is to be unfinished, then I suggest a cast iron replica paint. What is argent paint? Thanks, i,ll paint the trans cover black but leave the grease cup natural.

3w2    -- 05-06-2024 @ 9:42 PM
  You have a badly outdated book, which in itself is an overstatement. Why not step up to its 620 two-volume replacement available on this website? I wrote both what you have and its replacement.

Cast iron paint on stamped steel? I don't think so. Oxford, Webster's, and even Google all agree that argent is silver.

David

3w2    -- 05-07-2024 @ 10:20 AM
  Here's that Ford archives photo from the two-volume book that I was referring to.

nwjm    -- 05-07-2024 @ 6:13 PM
  David, wow a pic is worth 1,000 words! The argent silver almost matchs the aluminum. I never thought to Google argent.When I bought your book I did not know it was obsolete! Now you know why I have been asking so many questions.as always, thanks, Norm

nwjm    -- 05-14-2024 @ 11:25 AM
  David, I,ve ordered your double book set from the club. Norm

3w2    -- 05-14-2024 @ 6:21 PM
  I hope that you find them worthwhile.

nwjm    -- 06-02-2024 @ 8:06 PM
  David, I m working my way through the books. All I can say is WOW & THANK YOU! Norm

3w2    -- 06-03-2024 @ 2:17 PM
  Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost. It's a pretty big step following that modest first effort that you have.

When you've gone through the text, there are three addendums on this website under Ford Information in the left side column that are important additions to the text.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=19&Topic=17036