Topic: 32 ford models

tkeller    -- 06-18-2010 @ 6:21 PM
  looking for a good book that shows & explains all the 1932 B models.

CharlieStephens    -- 06-18-2010 @ 7:31 PM
  The number one book is "The 1932 Ford Book" published by this club. Number two is "The Early Ford V8 As Henry Built It" by Francis and DeAngelis available from book stores. What are you looking for, just body types?

Charlie Stephens

tkeller    -- 06-22-2010 @ 1:59 PM
  Looking for info.My brother restores cars, & has run into an individual with several 32's,(DOZENS)in need of restore. He looking for general info on how the different bxx codes tell whitch models, etc

THANK YOU
TOM

trjford8    -- 06-22-2010 @ 7:33 PM
  I would second Charlie's advice. Buy the 1932 Ford restoration manual put out by the Early Ford V-8 Club. This is the most comprehensive book ever printed on the 1932 Ford. You can purchase it on-line on this site or by calling 707-226-5256 between 8:00am and 8:00pm PST.

tkeller    -- 06-28-2010 @ 5:57 PM
  Got the restoration book but in implies that you already know the codes for different models. It keep refering to bxx etc, but never says which is which???

Thanks for reply

TOM

CharlieStephens    -- 06-28-2010 @ 6:11 PM
  Tom,

When you say bxx codes do you mean like B-40 is a roadster and B-160 is a 4 door sedan?

Charlie Stephens

tkeller    -- 06-28-2010 @ 7:44 PM
  from what I can find out their are over 16 different codes.

TOM

3w2    -- 06-28-2010 @ 8:37 PM
  If you are referring to the Club's "The 1932 Ford Book, a Production Chronicle and Restoration Guide", please go to Chapter 11 (1932 Ford Vehicle bodies) and you will see at the beginning of each section devoted to the individual body types a heading indicating the body code and the name of the body on the same line, starting with "B-35 Phaeton" on page 11-11. There are ten passenger body types and six commercial body types so listed in this chapter plus those for the big truck chassis and those factory vehicle bodies only produced outside of North America.

David

tkeller    -- 07-08-2010 @ 1:07 PM
  Don't want to spend $90 just to find out codes. Surely there is someplace that has this info for less!

TOM

1932BB    -- 07-08-2010 @ 4:36 PM
  Just get the 32 Ford book! You will be amazed at the amount of information that is in there. I am awed by the amount of effort and research that obviously went into that project. Besides that, it is a good read. I started reading it at home but was making so many trips in and out of the garage to check things out that I took the book to my cabin and read it there, taking notes to check out later. It deserves a careful reading as the author chose his words very carefully. Remember, you started out looking for a good book!

trjford8    -- 07-08-2010 @ 7:08 PM
  tkeller,looks to me that you are not interested in learning anything about the 1932 Ford other than the body codes. You started the topic and wanted to learn about 32 Fords.We were willing to help, but obvously you are not willing to help yourself.
Years of research went into that 1932 book, all of it done by a volunteer. He does not get one thin dime from the sale of this book. The V-8 Club is a non-profit organization and prints books like this for the benefit of those people who want to increase their knowledge of the Ford V-8. This website is also free of charge to those people who truly want to expand their knowledge of the Ford V-8. If you really want to know about the 1932 Ford you should buy the book.
If $90 is too much money I will give you some free advice. Go to Google and type in 1932 Ford and spend inumerable hours trying to find what you are looking for on the '32. It's free and you can spend as much time as you want on your research. Perhaps you will see how much time was spent on producing a $90 book.

This message was edited by trjford8 on 7-8-10 @ 7:09 PM

3w2    -- 07-08-2010 @ 9:02 PM
  Tom

You can also find the codes (and the matching body types) in either the '32 chassis parts catalogue or the body parts catalogue. Both are available in reproduction form for about $14 and perhaps you can borrow one of them.

David

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=19&Topic=1414