Topic: Need help Identifying this 1932 Ford Model B

Asr89    -- 05-06-2017 @ 12:19 PM

Hello everyone, My name is Abdul, I am new to the Forum. I am interested in buying a 1932 Ford Model B Tudor from Europe. Did allot of research between the USA models and Europe models. The difference between them is the suicide doors, the dash, and also wider body or longer, wasn't sure. I uploaded a couple of photos of the car if anyone can identify if its a USA model or European, also if any information or websites I can find info on 3.3L Model B, all I can find are the V8's. (the vin on the engine is 5070106 and it is registered).

Any info on this vehicle would help, Thanks

Asr89    -- 05-06-2017 @ 12:23 PM
  having a hard time posting photos.

Asr89    -- 05-06-2017 @ 12:24 PM
  interior

3w2    -- 05-06-2017 @ 2:58 PM
  Without question it is European in origin. The body was built by a company named Briggs at a factory on the Ford estate (manufacturing location) in Dagenham, England. Given that it is LHD, it was likely assembled in either Denmark, France, or the Netherlands.

The Club's "The 1932 Ford, A Production Chronicle and Restoration Guide" is a good source of information about the European '32s as well as the 3.3 liter (200 cid) four-cylinder engine. It is available through this web site via the Online Store in the left hand column as you read this response.

Asr89    -- 05-06-2017 @ 3:49 PM
  Hello and thanks for your reply. Thats what I thought, it being built in Europe. When I asked the owner he said it came from the states and he is not sure what country it was built in.

The 1932 ford book looks like it has every single detail about Model B's, thanks for that.

Are the European Models more expensive than the ones made in America or the other way around? I tried searching for Model b in original conditions but most of them are hotrods.

Anyone have an idea of what this 1932 ford model b is worth?

trjford8    -- 05-06-2017 @ 4:54 PM
  As for value, the American made 32 is worth much more than the foreign made cars. The photo of the engine compartment you have posted shows the battery mounted on the firewall. That is definitely not stock. As to value of the car you have posted I have no idea.

CharlieStephens    -- 05-06-2017 @ 10:50 PM
  Although not a place to go for restoration information you might find this thread interesting: https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/the-european-deuce-thread.970652/

Charlie Stephens

Asr89    -- 05-07-2017 @ 2:36 AM
  Thanks Charlie for the info, has allot of details about what I was looking for. For some reason Model B 3.3 is hard to get info on.

3w2    -- 05-08-2017 @ 6:05 PM
  Model B engine information is not difficult to find, but if you refer to an engine by a name no one on this side of the Atlantic recognizes nor did Ford use, namely your "3.3", you are likely to get mostly blank stares. Ford did not use metric measurements anywhere in the world in the 1930s and that's pretty well known and respected in the hobby. The engine that you are referring to is a Model B 200 cubic inch four-cylinder engine. If you're in England, the 14 HP and 25 HP designation will likely be recognized as well for the two variations produced there.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=19&Topic=10738