Topic: Ford Stroboscope Value ???

Grant    -- 07-19-2016 @ 3:48 AM
  What would a fair price be for a Ford stroboscope machine that needs to be taken apart and restored to working order?

ken ct.    -- 07-19-2016 @ 4:23 AM
  For the $$$$ they are useless except for bragging rites , unless you are starting a distributor rebuilding business and want to compete with "BUBBA" from the fordbarn. It would be a lost cause. OMO ken ct. Money better spent on something else.

kubes40    -- 07-19-2016 @ 5:43 AM
  I sold one that I had completely restored about seven years ago. It was the older version (black) circa mid to late 1930's. It was beautiful and complete. At that time, $3k.

nelsb01    -- 07-19-2016 @ 7:12 AM
  They are like Ford porcelain signs. The better the condition, the higher the price.
I would suggest that if you want to clean it up and sell it, that you should not be thinking about adding to your retirement fund. Check eBay. Look there for a condition vs. sale price comparison.

TomO    -- 07-19-2016 @ 7:47 AM
  Parts for these tend to be expensive and so is the labor to get one working. There is another topic on these machines and it contained a reference to a source for working machines. You should check out that site to get an idea of the parts cost.

Tom

Grant    -- 07-20-2016 @ 5:14 AM
  Thanks for your input, gentlemen.

The black Ford machine I've run across is part of an estate, subjected to years of unheated storage and seasonal condensation. Maybe rodents too. Have only seen a photo so far.

Sounds like it may be worth just a couple of hundred bucks as a display item ........ like a sign.

Did check out that other topic. Paramount's shop is very close to here, just over the border into Michigan.

kubes40    -- 07-20-2016 @ 5:31 AM
  Grant, They do make a cool display piece. Mine was truly stunning and although useful, not useful enough when faced with the $3k offer.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=9896