Topic: 1949 Mercury part wanted.

phibbert    -- 05-16-2016 @ 4:56 PM
  The 'teapot' carburettor on my 1949 Mercury stock 255c" engine alloy section inlet boss has a stripped fine thread. has anyone a spare good alloy top to replace mine please? Cheers...Peter Hibbert. Australia.

ken ct.    -- 05-16-2016 @ 5:39 PM
  I may have one,acually are you talking about the gas inlet hole where the feed line screws into , its really part of the middle inside bowl section. 1/8" fine us pipe thread. Yes it is pretty fine as all 1/8" pipe thread is. Ive got 2/3 of a used carb (no top cover) Pretty dirty but has usable thread in it. You can have it for a $10 usa bill and pay shipping. If you want it I will go to US Post office for cost of shipping to you. ken Isidor Ct. usa. I'm liquidating my 25 yr hobby business. ken ct. I post on the efv8ca website only. I would need your complete name and address for PO. send it in an email. igadore@sbcglobal.net

phibbert    -- 05-17-2016 @ 3:51 PM
  Dear Ken. Thanks for your response. That sounds great provided the thread is OK as you state & the alloy base is OK too. I can clean it so no bother to me there.
Could you please quote cheapest P/P to Peter Hibbert 5 Tarnook Street Vermont South 3133 Melbourne Australia.
I have some time for it to arrive. After I hear back, we can arrange payment as you require. Keep on FORDIN`. Cheers...Peter. E-mail. peter_hibbert@bigpond.com

ken ct.    -- 05-17-2016 @ 5:03 PM
  I'll check at the PO tomorrow as I have to mail out another pkg anyway. I could include another top cover section if you need one. No extra chg for it in same box. I'm trying to liqkidate a 25 yr hobby business. Will get back to you by email. Is your full name used in your email?? ken ct. usa. I have a neice and family living in Cantabera,Aust. right now. ( spelling ). lol. IGADORE@SBCGLOBAL.NET

ken ct.    -- 05-17-2016 @ 5:06 PM
  Also 49-51 carbs are NOT "TEAPOTS" Teapots are 52 and up carbs. Yours are called backdrafts. ken ct. usa

ken ct.    -- 05-18-2016 @ 4:15 AM
  Peter your email will NOT go through,please state correct order to type it in. ken ct usa ?????

ken ct.    -- 05-18-2016 @ 4:25 AM
  I have a Neice and family living in Canberra but that's approx. 250 miles from you LOL so that's no help ?? ken ct usa

ken ct.    -- 05-18-2016 @ 6:03 AM
  Peter , USPO wants $76.00 shipping to Melbourn this is basically the whole carb all 3 sections. Cutting it down to just the middle bowl section would not save much maybe a couple of dollars.If it would help you i'll give you the carb as a gift for the shipping chg. alone. This is the only one that has the 1/8" PT inlet out of many I have. Email will still not go through. Send me a reg. email to mine. igadore@sbcglobal.net and I will have your proper email. ken ct. usa

phibbert    -- 05-18-2016 @ 2:02 PM
  G`day Ken. Thanks for your assistance. The e-mail address is
peter_hibbert@bigpond.com
Some folk forget the middle underscore (not a dash) & it fails. Please try again. Regards. Peter.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=9679