Topic: 34 rear window regulator

MICHV8    -- 05-04-2016 @ 10:31 AM
  These parts came with the dis-assembled coupe. The glass appears to be too short, but that is not my biggest issue. When I try to operate the regulator on my bench setup, it won’t go up or down in a plumb line, but immediate cocks one way or the other. I created a couple movable felt lined guides to see if I could force it to stay vertical, but no luck. Will the one arm regulator actually work? Thanks!

40 Coupe    -- 05-05-2016 @ 4:37 AM
  I am not sure the regulator is correct but it appears to be. It should have one arm. The glass felt channel extends all the way down the sides of the wood as far as the regulator will allow the glass to go. On the lowest sections of the felt channel the channel is held in place with two of these sheet metal brackets as pictured below. The sheet metal body holds the upper part of the channel along with some screws into the wood sides. The glass should be flat at the bottom to fit into the glass regulator steel channel. There is a rubber seal at the top of the window opening to seal the opening when the glass is up. The glass fits between the two side glass channels without much play. The glass is 9 13/16 tall at the center and the lower two corners are very square.

40 Coupe    -- 05-05-2016 @ 10:37 AM
  Yes I believe you do have the correct regulator. 32-34 Coupe is the same. There should be a piece of rubber (wedge shaped, 1/4" thick at Max.) under the steel glass channel when in the up position. There is a cut out (in the wood) for the rubber bumper next to the cut out for the regulator arm. The bumper prevents the glass channel and regulator arm from hitting the wood under vibration. The bumper is not reproduced.

This message was edited by 40 Coupe on 5-5-16 @ 10:44 AM

MICHV8    -- 05-06-2016 @ 4:54 AM
  Thanks 40Coupe...that helps a lot. I think it is simply too much play between the glass and my test felt channels. The glass is not correct and I'll start with that.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=9627