Topic: Steering rod adjustment?

carpguy    -- 03-19-2010 @ 10:46 AM
  Morning All,
I have completed my horn issues. Thank you for the help on that one!Now what I have is a issue with my steering rod, The steering shaft lock does not line up with my column drop so my locking feature doesn't work. I need about a 1/4 turn of the rod. Is there away to adjust rod from the gear box? I know my drop is a '37 but not sure of rod, it does measure 46-1/2'' as the info. in the green book. Also if I'm thinking right last spring when I was working on my truck wasn't there work being done on a '37 book?
Thank You
Gary
Moscow, Id.

Stroker    -- 03-19-2010 @ 2:22 PM
  I assume by "steering rod", you mean the steering shaft inside the column that turns the steering box. If you need to index the lock and steering wheel in relation to "straight ahead", then you need to adjust the drag link between the pitman arm on the steering box, and the right hand spindle.

ford38v8    -- 03-19-2010 @ 2:51 PM
  Gary, The '37 Ford Book has been published finally, and is available on this website. From the home page, under Online Store, click on Shop.

Alan

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 03-20-2010 @ 9:04 AM
  hi GARY
does the lock work when you turn the wheel to the one side or the other,? I think there is also a very slight up and down ajustment of the column by the clamp on the back of steering box,I take it the truck body is in place and bolted down,?
I take it you want it to lock in the dead ahead position,
if so you will have to adjust the drag link like Stoker said,
yes the 37 BOOK is FORSALE , you can order it from this web site,
my 3 cents worth 37RAGTOPMAN,
BY THE WAY, how is that engine,coming.????
did the guy you bought the truck from help you out on it, is he in the Early FORD V8 CLUB ?
is so it would be nice to know., who ripped you off, so it does not happen to anybody else,

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=960