Topic: New site design

jwitt    -- 04-02-2016 @ 4:54 PM
  Congrats on the new site startup, looks great. I'm sure more features will become apparent as I get time online.

Not too crazy about the anti-spam code phrase, I always get those wrong, but I understand the need.

John

Houston, Tranquility Base here, the Eagle has landed.

40cpe    -- 04-02-2016 @ 6:24 PM
  It took me two tries on the anti-spam code, but I hope Chrome remembers my log-in now.

My heart fluttered at the opening videos! Great job!

fla48    -- 04-02-2016 @ 7:28 PM
  Looks good.

efv8CofAAdmin    -- 04-02-2016 @ 7:56 PM
  Glad so far!!!
It did roll out a little a head of when I believed it would --
May I suggest -- just treat it like Henry's V-8 Ford -- it is always a learning experience -- and you learn something new every day.

But seriously, we want to hear from you if there is anything that isn't working.

Please keep checking it out ---

Also -- please check out Current News (main page--scroll down or under National Club Information) for more information about what has changed. You can also print out a file for reference.

Web Administrator

This message was edited by efv8CofAAdmin on 4-2-16 @ 8:05 PM

oldford2    -- 04-03-2016 @ 8:52 AM
  Looking good!

FordFreak    -- 04-03-2016 @ 9:08 AM
  I love it !!!

ford38v8    -- 04-03-2016 @ 10:51 AM
  You asked for feedback, so... The log in needs to be fixed to stay logged in, and the anti-spam code thingy is over the top security, more security than is on a bank's website. Not a good thing if you want to increase member activity. You asked.

Alan

MG    -- 04-03-2016 @ 1:37 PM
  It took me three tries to log in! I can't become too enthused about this new log in procedure. And, why do we have to do a 'resend' every time we want to refresh the screen? This site has regressed. This new design fails to address the real problem of this site - lack of readership and input from EFV8 enthusiasts.

Please don't try to 'improve' the V8 Times....

I'd rather eat a booger than to log into this site!

This message was edited by MG on 4-3-16 @ 8:16 PM

silverchief    -- 04-03-2016 @ 4:52 PM
  I couldn't agree more. This anti-spam thing is in my opinion a totally unnecessary pain in the neck. Having to go throuogh that every time you log on makes me less inclined to log on and enjoy our forum.
The rest of the site is very nice.

shogun1940    -- 04-03-2016 @ 6:06 PM
  This sucks,, maybe we should all go out and customize our cars,, why change what works. The code sign in was not readable.

Whifty    -- 04-03-2016 @ 6:16 PM
  Agreed...PITA to log in.

efv8CofAAdmin    -- 04-03-2016 @ 6:26 PM
  We are sorry some are having problems.
As we said in the Current News it is for your benefit.

Hacking is going on all the time -- how many of you have gotten emails within the last 6 months from buddies you know -- but they didn't send the email? And when you opened the email..............

If they can take over your email addresses without you knowing it --- they can do more. We are just trying to keep things safe.

Web Administrator

This message was edited by efv8CofAAdmin on 4-3-16 @ 6:32 PM

efv8CofAAdmin    -- 04-03-2016 @ 8:35 PM
  You do not need to refresh the screen the way you are doing it.
Above the discussions on the forum look for the address bar......

EFV-8 Club Forum / General Ford Discussion / New site design

All you have to do when finished with a discussion is click on either EFV-8 Club Forum or General Ford Discussion
and you will go back one screen.
That will do the refresh for you without having the issue you mention.

Web Administrator

alt63bird    -- 04-03-2016 @ 8:45 PM
  Three tries to log in x2

This message was edited by alt63bird on 4-3-16 @ 8:45 PM

len47merc    -- 04-04-2016 @ 6:11 AM
  Three comments on the additional login step:

1) Glad it's there and not a problem personally for me
2) Somewhat difficult to determine capital letters from lower-case, so that likely is driving some of the login difficulties
3) Would be nice if the site was more obvious/expressive when a login attempt is unsuccessful

Thanks for all the hard work and results on the upgrades!

Steve

shogun1940    -- 04-04-2016 @ 6:12 AM
  I use Apple I pads,, having trouble making the print bigger on two iPads ,, it works good on other sites

40cpe    -- 04-04-2016 @ 6:33 AM
  Checking "Remember Me" does not log me in when I return after leaving the site. However, If all I want to do is browse the site I don't go through the security code to log in. If members' logging in is important to administrators, you are out of luck with this upgrade. I'm using apple 10.X.

efv8CofAAdmin    -- 04-04-2016 @ 7:03 AM
  The hosting company has made a change. The CAPTCHA should be easier to 'distinguish' now.

And as mentioned, you never have had to login to view the site. Only to use the site (purchase items, create classified ads, respond on Forum). Just like other sites you use.

Web Administrator

TomO    -- 04-04-2016 @ 8:27 AM
  Bruce the PM notification doesn't seem to be working yet. I received a PM on 4/3 and was not notified.

When I sign in, the opening page is one of the topics that I viewed last week. The site doesn't take me to the home page of the Forum.

Update account doesn't allow me to update my preferences, just my password.

I like the wider format and larger type face. Both are great for my old eyes.

I also like the check box to noitfy me when someone replies.

Tom

This message was edited by TomO on 4-4-16 @ 8:40 AM

efv8CofAAdmin    -- 04-04-2016 @ 8:39 AM
  Appreciate all the comments -- thanks!

We tested and tested, but your help is very welcome!

Web Administrator

oldasi    -- 04-04-2016 @ 9:42 AM
  Don't understand why added security is req'd here, hope they added additional level of security to the bank acct., more security need there then on the sign in into the web site

len47merc    -- 04-04-2016 @ 2:26 PM
  Copying and pasting from the other 'Web Site' discussion as I realized admin requested feedback on this discussion thread:

"Replied on the other discussion thread with a few comments.

For further constructive feedback, on this discussion am reporting I have sent a couple of p.m.'s around, including to myself, to test whether e-mail notifications are now working. So far no reports of e-mail notification receipts, and I have yet to receive an e-mail notification personally of an item known to have been received in my Inbox earlier today.

Btw - I again checked my preferences prior to sending the p.m.s and receiving the above mentioned item and confirmed e-mail notification is set to 'on' and also re-saved the preferences in an effort to ensure they 'take effect' if functionality has been restored."

My apologies for the double posting.

Steve

This message was edited by len47merc on 4-4-16 @ 2:27 PM

ford38v8    -- 04-04-2016 @ 4:50 PM
  Bruce, Thanks for the latest tweak! The catchya is easier to read and the site remembers my computer, which itself is more than the old site did.

Haven't determined if the PM notification is working yet.

And we do love ya, we just like to hate on ya when things don't go right!

Alan

len47merc    -- 04-05-2016 @ 5:20 AM
  I have sent several of you p.m.s over the course of yesterday and today to test the e-mail notification process (including efv8CofAAdmin). Please do let Bruce know if you do or do not receive an e-mail notification of those p.m.s (which should be in your Inboxes as of 10 mins ago and prior) - so far it does not appear that functionality has been restored in this regard with the new site but perhaps it is still in the queue. Thanks -

Steve

efv8CofAAdmin    -- 04-05-2016 @ 6:40 AM
  Catching up...................

We are aware of the PM problem and are working on it.

Web Administrator

Jlsspam    -- 04-06-2016 @ 3:47 PM
  Site looks great. I would suggest that you add buy option on the back issues listing of the v8 times. That way when you find the issue you are looking for you can just hit buy if it is still available.

Drbrown    -- 04-06-2016 @ 9:09 PM
  As a paying member I find it annoying that now I must sign in just to look at the postings. And even after I get in, the site doesn't remember me. Looks nice but these problems don't represent an improvement to me.

efv8CofAAdmin    -- 04-06-2016 @ 9:34 PM
  You have never had to sign in to look at any of the Forum discussions.
You have only had to sign in to respond or start a new discussion.

Other helpful hints you may not know.
By clicking on any of the BOLD wording in the top bar (EFV-8 Club Forum / General Ford Discussion) will allow you to refresh and / or move back one level.

From the main Forum menu screen -- Clicking on the picture of the Folder with a paper sticking out (at the top left - Todays Active Discussions) will display any of the discussions that were replied to or active recently.

Web Administrator

This message was edited by efv8CofAAdmin on 4-6-16 @ 9:52 PM

46coupe    -- 04-07-2016 @ 8:48 AM
  Like the new site. However I can not open it full screen on my Kindle Fire, which I could previously. It only opens on my desktop. I tried to email you, but the email was returned twice. You have my email possibly send me one to verify. thanks

oldford2    -- 04-07-2016 @ 6:01 PM
  I check into the forum every couple of days but seldom post any comments or help to members. Just too cumbersome to sign in every time. Why can't this site remember me like Fordbarn? Now this new "security" sign in does it for me. My banks and investment sites don't have the jumbled letters/numbers. I think the web designers need to understand this is not national security. Do you really have a history of problems that warrant this new sign in??
UPDATE>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Well I just went to the site and discovered it did remember me and no sign in required!! Great
John

This message was edited by oldford2 on 4-8-16 @ 7:37 AM

len47merc    -- 04-08-2016 @ 5:22 AM
  Looks like e-mail notifications are working again - received my first one yesterday. Really glad to see that feature is back and up-n-running. Thanks Bruce & EFV8 Team!

Steve

TomO    -- 04-08-2016 @ 7:00 AM
  It looks like the anti-spam does not stop the spam. There are 3 spam posts today.

I do believe that it will chase away some people that would like to post here. It is not user friendly.

Tom

cliftford    -- 04-08-2016 @ 7:15 AM
  Why does this reply box have to be so small? I can barely read it, with glasses.

efv8CofAAdmin    -- 04-08-2016 @ 3:06 PM
  Tom;
Guess what we forgot to test -- having the Admin delete spam.
So, sorry to all for allowing them to be there so long.

We do know that someone (a real live body) is actually submitting this spam.

Web Administrator

efv8CofAAdmin    -- 04-08-2016 @ 6:41 PM
  Cliftford...............
We are also looking into that.

Sometimes it happens, and sometimes it does not.

Web Administrator

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=9543