Topic: Just Joined

hotrodbob    -- 03-26-2016 @ 9:32 AM
  Hi all, We just joined and will be checking in often as we learn about my Peggy's '46 sedan. She is having a great time driving it and still getting accustom to it. We would like to meet others in our area and attend local meetings and events. This not our first vintage car, but it's her first flat head and second for me.

This message was edited by hotrodbob on 3-26-16 @ 9:33 AM

hotrodbob    -- 03-26-2016 @ 9:36 AM
  Sorry for the bad pic. Taken at Irwindale Speedway last weekend and I was trying to remove the background. This is better... That is my (other brand) coupe next to the Ford.

CharlieStephens    -- 03-26-2016 @ 9:57 AM
  Your background is fine, in fact it is excellent, leave it alone. It shows the car in a typical car setting. The backgrounds I don't like are cement block walls. Nice car.

Charlie Stephens

This message was edited by CharlieStephens on 3-26-16 @ 10:01 AM

CharlieStephens    -- 03-26-2016 @ 4:31 PM
  An additional thought on backgrounds. Do everything you can to get the largest lens opening you can get on the camera. If you can set your ISO low do so. Set your speed as fast as you can. The wide aperture will result in a small depth of field and blur the background. The car in focus in the foreground will stand out more. I still like your choice of backgrounds

Charlie Stephens

This message was edited by CharlieStephens on 3-26-16 @ 5:43 PM

trjford8    -- 03-27-2016 @ 7:21 AM
  Bob, did you just join the site or have you joined the Early Ford V-8 Club? If you joined the club you will get a roster that lists all the regional groups in your area. Also on the front page of this site you can find the regional groups listed. "Click" on Regional Club Directory and then "click" on California. It will open up all the regional groups in California and you will see those in So.Cal that may be close to you. There are contact #'s for the R.G.s.

This message was edited by trjford8 on 3-27-16 @ 7:24 AM

camsaure    -- 03-31-2016 @ 10:55 AM
  Very nice car! I bet it would be safe to guess that you one of the important reason you married Peggy was due to her great taste in cars. Enjoy your new car!!!

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=9516