Topic: Ford glove box Lubrication Book

40 Coupe    -- 03-16-2010 @ 6:36 AM
  If anyone has the small Ford glove box "Lubrication Book" the one with the coupons for free service, if the book is filled out with the date of issue by the dealer. If you could fordware me the date and the FORM number from the rear cover I would appreciate the assistance. If you have a book with form numbers different than 202, 7354,7792 I would appreciate a scan or photo if possible. trboich@yahoo.com

Lincoln    -- 03-17-2010 @ 6:10 PM
  I believe Form 202 is for 1945 and later as I found some in a FORD dealer who started in about 1945. These were not filled out. F202 has about 30 pages and entitled "FORD LUBRICATION & INSPECTION-SERVICE". If you are looking for one for the 1940 FORD, they issued F7130 of 12-39 entitled "OWNER'S SERVICE CERTIFICATE", which was good for TEN(10) lubrication & maintenance services over a years time. This 7 1/8 x 4" size folder was Blue/Creme& Black and came in a Yellow & Brown envelope.FORD also issued a similar one dated 5-40. Do not know if they had a book for lubrication alone. F7354 was for the 1936 FORD and entitled "SERVICE INSPECTION & LUBRICATION BOOK". F7354 came in an ALEMITE (grease gun) folder.
I am aware of about eleven different form numbers for lubrication or service or inspection pieces of literature as issued from 1932 to 1945. There were probably more issued if one was to research the subject.
Hope this helps. LINCOLN idalinc@windstream.com

40 Coupe    -- 03-19-2010 @ 12:48 PM
  I would like to limit my search for more information to the Service and Lubrication Book that was put in the glove box of new cars. I have provided a photo of a typical Book, above. The dealer filled in the vehicle information and date on one page. I agree that Form 202 was post war. I would like to find out when Ford started to provide the Books and what book is proper for what years. In order to do this I am looking for the different books, and then to Service letters regarding their date of issue. Lincoln your email address above does not work.

Lincoln    -- 03-19-2010 @ 5:35 PM
  Sorry about the incorrect Email, it should be idalinc@windstream.net
I am only aware of the 1936 F7354 "SERVICE & LUBRICATION BOOK" and can give a full description of it. As far is known, this was not included from the assembly branch in every 36 but only offered as an option by the Dealer. Similar books dealing with Service& Lubrication (only) may have been offered for other years. But they would be difficult to fully identify as most of the various Ford literature and references mention them in only a few words. These books were placed in the glove box due to their small size.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=946