Topic: Machine shop in Arizona?

Carbonarc    -- 03-04-2016 @ 7:55 AM
  Need to get the tired old 8CM to a machine shop with flathead experience. I recently bought a 53 F100 so don't yet know any flatheaders in Arizona. Thanks for any suggestions. This will be a stock rebuild - hoping the engine is rebuildable, but it's already .125" oversize.

EHSON!9$0    -- 03-09-2016 @ 7:20 AM
  I had my flathead v8 rebuilt at CBA Machine Shop located at 499 N. Arizona Avenue, Chandler, AZ. I was happy with their work and they were experienced with flathead engines. I did supply the parts that they used...valves, pistons, rods, rings, cam etc.

Thanks,
Gene

trjford8    -- 03-09-2016 @ 8:26 AM
  A good shop can sleeve the motor back to standard. If you are a V-8 Club member you can use your roster to look up a Regional Group near you and call them. They always have members who might know of a good flathead rebuilder. If you are not member the roster and the V-8 Times magazine are a good reason to join. You can join on the front page of this site. If you give us your location we might know some club member near you and can send you a private message with the info.

Carbonarc    -- 03-13-2016 @ 10:20 AM
  Thanks for the info on the shop in Chandler. I'll give them a call in the morning.

Carbonarc    -- 03-14-2016 @ 9:55 AM
  BTW I meet the guys from my regional group at a car show this past weekend. I'm in northern Arizona but there are no regionals groups are listed for AZ. Not sure why.

trjford8    -- 03-14-2016 @ 10:02 AM
  Arizona has two regional groups. One in Phoenix and one in Tucson. They are listed in the front pages of the club roster.

Carbonarc    -- 03-14-2016 @ 10:12 AM
  Thanks, I'm newly joined so haven't yet received the publication. The two groups are not in the web list so maybe this can be addressed by the webmaster?

Kens 36    -- 03-14-2016 @ 12:08 PM
  Carbonarc,

They are listed. From the home page, click on Regional Club Directory. Then click on the + to expand Arizona. Both groups are shown.

Ken

Carbonarc    -- 03-14-2016 @ 6:58 PM
  My bad, I was looking in the Links area. Thqnks for pointing me in the right direction.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=9454