Topic: 32 (glass) last pic

Bob Watts    -- 03-01-2016 @ 2:40 PM
  Rear quarter shot

CharlieStephens    -- 03-01-2016 @ 7:13 PM
  Bob,

I have had my ’32 roadster since 1969 and kept a pretty good eye on the prices. I don’t even know where to start to put a price on your car. I am sure this is what has kept other people from posting. It looks good and would probably be a fun car to drive, but what is it worth??? You might also post this question on HAMB (http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/). The originality of the driveline will have a major impact on the value. You should contact a local chapter of the Early Ford V8 Club and have some one that knows ‘32’s look at it. You should also post your general location in your profile so someone close might volunteer to stop by and give their opinion (but be careful of who you invite to your house).

Charlie Stephens

TomO    -- 03-02-2016 @ 8:09 AM
  Bob, you do not need to start a new topic for each photo, you can just click on "REPLY" and post your photo.

Tom

trjford8    -- 03-02-2016 @ 8:52 AM
  Bob, since your car has a glass body and fenders it is difficult to place a price on the car. Some glass bodies are better than others, so that has an effect on the value. Do you know who made the body and fenders? Is the frame original or reproduction? Is the car titled as a 1932 Ford roadster? The motor is obviously not an original '32 motor. It appears to be a later motor up through 1936. How long ago was it built? Do you know what it cost to build it at the time? As you can see there needs to be more facts about the car.

CharlieStephens    -- 03-02-2016 @ 10:11 AM
  Maybe it is just my imagination but do I see the bolt heads and water pump block off plate indicating a 1937-38 21 stud engine?

Charlie Stephens

Bob Watts    -- 03-02-2016 @ 2:47 PM
  Thanks guys for taking a look and sharing your opinions.
Sorry about opening multiple threads.
My Dad bought the car sometime in the early 2000's. After either restoring or buying nicely restored original cars including a 29 Pick-up, 30 Coupe, 34 Cabriolet,36-5 Window & 40- 5 Window hot-rod this buy was hard to fathom to say the least.
No idea where any of the parts came from or who built the '32' or for how much. All I see that seems 32 from the books are the heads stamped RH and LH and the block drains.
It is titled as a 1932 Ford 2D with a vin of 1811318 as you can see in the stamp on the trans which hardly looks original.
Let's say none of it's original 32, do you think as is a fair asking price is 10,000-20,000, 20,000+?
I have no idea what to initially ask and want to take it to the Fairplex this weekend for what is hopefully a very large car show and a very empty car trailer on the way home!
Very thankful for any and all advice! Bob

Bob Watts    -- 03-02-2016 @ 2:55 PM
  the LH head

Bob Watts    -- 03-02-2016 @ 2:56 PM
  the RH head

Bob Watts    -- 03-02-2016 @ 2:57 PM
  block drain

Bob Watts    -- 03-02-2016 @ 2:57 PM
  water pump close up

CharlieStephens    -- 03-02-2016 @ 3:00 PM
  Bob,

Hate to sound like a broken record but, where in general do you live? Also add your email to your profile, someone might want to contact you to buy it. I would plan on selling it at the LA Roadster Show in Pomona on Fathers Day if you can wait. While you are waiting you might catch the Model A Club Pancake breakfast, http://www.ocmafc.com/PDF/2016%20Pancake%20Breakfast%20flyer.pdf

Also place an ad here, at fordbarn.com, at ahooga.com and at HAMB

Charlie Stephens

This message was edited by CharlieStephens on 3-2-16 @ 3:02 PM

Bob Watts    -- 03-02-2016 @ 4:43 PM
  Charlie:
I'm in Los Angeles in Rolling Hills.
I thought I did have my address etc enabled but looks like it wasn't so it should be now.
I'm taking the 32 to the Pomona Fairplex for the meet this Sunday.
If there's no action between now and then you can bet it'll be at the Father's Day show as well. I've been there many times and in fact my Dad bought the 32 there.
This car is seriously for sale. I need to free up time and space to get busy on the 29, 34 and 36!
Thanks for the Pancake breakfast link I hope to make it soon!
Bob

CharlieStephens    -- 03-02-2016 @ 5:45 PM
  Bob,

If you still have the car on the 13th you might try Long Beach swap meet since you are so close, http://www.longbeachhiposwapmeet.com

Charlie Stephens

trjford8    -- 03-03-2016 @ 8:16 AM
  Bob, I would take a guess that you should ask $25-28K. It would be tough to build a car for less than that number. You can always come down if you get someone who is very interested. The LA Roadster Swap Meet may be your best bet. It looks like a nice old car and you may find the person who just wants a toy for a Sunday drive and doesn't care if it's fiberglass or not.You can certainly tell the potential buyer that it is a rust free car.

This message was edited by trjford8 on 3-3-16 @ 8:19 AM

Bob Watts    -- 03-03-2016 @ 1:45 PM
  trjford8:
I love the rust free angle!
Thanks so much for taking the time to weigh in on our 32's value. I don't want to give it away but I want to ask a fair price that won't turn anyone interested off.
Bob

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=9447