Topic: 33 34 35 36 fuel pump stands?

Grant    -- 02-27-2016 @ 9:56 AM
  Does anyone know if the fuel pump stand and oil fill tube assembly at the rear of a Ford V8 intake manifold is the same on all 1933, 1934, 1935 and 1936 engines?

If not, would they be interchangeable anyway?

Is there an easy way to get the steel tube out of the stand?

ken ct.    -- 02-27-2016 @ 10:26 AM
  No Grant 33 is complete diff animal. 34 is by itself and are 2 diff versions a smooth alum part and a slight hump back version both have the tall top tube,neither use a separate baffle tube,its built into the top tube section. The 35-48 version has the 2 ridges near the top of the alum casting and has the short tube top and needs the separate baffle under neath the stand.I have many of the ridged ones and 1 of the smooth ones but has the short. Someone said the top tube can be removed applying heat around the casting near the top of the alum. Never tried it.I could try and switch top tubes for the long one if I had one. It would have to be the correct diameter and have the baffels in the tube itself. It would still leave the top breather cap would be missing. Also extremely hard to find,(not repoed). good luck Any interest call. ken ct.

40 Coupe    -- 02-27-2016 @ 3:57 PM
  33 and the 34 are not interchangeable to the 35 & 36. The oil fill tube with baffles is on top of the 33 and the 34. The 35 and 36 have the tube inside the engine block under the fuel pump stand. If you look at the bottom of the 33 or 34 stand they have a type of rectangular hole (this hole matches the hole in the intake manifold)and the 35 & 36 have a round hole to hold the baffled tube in place inside the block. The 35 & 36 intake manifolds have a round hole at the rear under the fuel pump adaptor.

ken ct.    -- 02-27-2016 @ 10:28 PM
  All correct coupe, so I guess the smooth one would not work with a top tube change because of the round hole on bottom with the baffle recess. Though the stud spacing is same on 34 I assumed the gasket would cover both styles. Migh look a little funny to a true 34 buff.I guess the smooth side ones were carried over to some early 35's with the round hole. I learn sometinng every day. Thanks coupe. ken ct. Do I assume there is no 3/4", long tube approx. 8" long on the 34 ???? ken ct.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=9425