Topic: Why "EDITED"

oldasi    -- 01-01-2016 @ 4:32 AM
  From time to time I see a discussion reply with "This message was edited by ___________ "
What gets edited, something gets deleted ?

kubes40    -- 01-01-2016 @ 6:00 AM
  More often than not the poster decides to add something and / or possibly delete something to his original post. I have done that on occasion for something as perhaps insignificant as catching a spelling error I had made.

len47merc    -- 01-01-2016 @ 7:11 AM
  oldasi - in addition to Mike's response, if you have not edited one of your posts before and your question is about process as well, all EFV8 forum members can edit their own discussion posts and replies by selecting the 'edit' button in the upper right hand corner of each of your posts/replies. You have to be logged in to the forum to edit your content - the 'edit' button is only displayed on your posts when you are logged in. As Mike notes many times each of us may correct content errors like gross misspelling or grammar issues, or add/delete/correct content that may come to mind after hitting the 'Post New Discussion' and/or 'Submit Reply' buttons (or delete the entire content when the submit button may have been hit a bit too quickly!).

Steve

1934 Ford    -- 01-01-2016 @ 8:19 AM
  It seems that spilling errors are invisible to this writer until after the post is made.
Then the additional thought: Like, do you mean that somebody other than the poster is editing the post? Usually it's better to edit than post another response message.

1934 Ford's since 1972

len47merc    -- 01-01-2016 @ 8:56 AM
  1934 Ford - sincere thanks for my first hearty chuckle of 2016!

Steve

oldasi    -- 01-01-2016 @ 9:31 AM
  Understand now, looked back and could see the edits are done by same person who made the comment/posting, thought the group had a "police person" to review contents of comment/posting, to much eggnog/rum over holidays, few more brain cells gone I guess, .... cheers to all here

len47merc    -- 01-01-2016 @ 9:52 AM
  Ya know oldasi, brain cells ascribe to the same mantra as all of us animals in the wild - 'that being survival of the fittest'. When you imbibe, the weakest cells are killed off by the alcohol first, leaving you with a much greater percentage of the fittest, strongest and smartest cells. That's why we all feel so much more intelligent when drinking!

Steve

1934 Ford    -- 01-01-2016 @ 4:17 PM
  Len47Merc,
Now you are getting scientific, I love it!
We took the 34 out today with a Model A couple we know and to see a 29 Model A Roadster to be auctioned off tonight. The auction company couldn't start it. We fixed that but decided after the V8 ride, that I couldn't do the Model a thing again. Now I'm going to kill off a few remaining weak brain cells at happy hour. Thanks for the humor.

1934 Ford's since 1972

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=9258