Topic: 1941 Ford Sedan Delivery

40topless    -- 12-23-2015 @ 6:38 AM
  My dad in 1973 bought a 41 delivery. It is titled as a 40 delivery. All numbers are correct. It is a 41 body. There is a difference. How many 41 deliveries were produced? Just wondering

TomO    -- 12-23-2015 @ 8:14 AM
  According to the V-8 Album,4,846 Sedan Deliveries were built in 1941. The number of Panel Deliveries is listed as unknown.

Tom

trjford8    -- 12-23-2015 @ 8:16 AM
  According to the V-8 Album put out by the Early Ford V-8 Club there were 5531 sedan deliveries built in 1940 and 4846 sedan deliveries built in 1941. As you can see by the numbers there are probably not a lot of sedan deliveries left out there. The '40 came in both the standard and deluxe front end sheetmetal. The '41 used only the standard '40 front sheetmetal with special trim on the hood. There are some other minor differences between the 40 and 41. Interesting enough I know where there are 6 of them within a 60 mile radius of my house.
I hope you have all the parts for yours as some parts are impossible to find and repo parts are limited. Then main difference between the '40 and '41 is the outside stainless trim. The '40 used the typical grooved style 40 trim and the '41 uses a stainless that is a "stepped" style and has light grooves in it.
The '40 trim is reproduced and the '41 is not. The '41 also has the broad "feather" style trim on the front of the hood. That trim is unique to the '41 sedan delivery and the 41 pickup. It also has a unique hood release handle. The hood trim and the handle are not reproduced. The '40 hood trim and handle are reproduced. In addition the late '41 sedan deliveries could be purchased with the 6 cylinder motor. the front crossmember is deeper(by 1 inch) to accommodate the 6 cyl motor. There is also a difference in the upper hood latch and the upper grille brace to accommodate the 6. Both of these items are very difficult to find if they are missing.
Do you have a photo of the sedan delivery?

40topless    -- 12-23-2015 @ 9:33 AM
  The Delivery has all proper hood goodies. I even have extra. Have all proper side molding and even extra. After all these years its still in red primer. Flathead with merc crank in it. Best of all my dad paid $300 for it.

trjford8    -- 12-23-2015 @ 1:46 PM
  At $300 it was a real deal. Glad your dad saved it all these years. Sedan delivery info is sparse. If it still has some original seat upholstery, headliner and side panels take lots of photos. Good interior information is hard to find on these models.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=9239