Topic: Parts from Brian Santos?

jretter    -- 11-26-2015 @ 5:59 PM
  Has anyone purchased parts from Brian Santos in Massachusetts? Is he a trustworthy seller?

CharlieStephens    -- 11-26-2015 @ 6:37 PM
  I have no experience with him but it is interesting to note that he doesn't come up in a search on here, HAMB or fordbarn. You might tactfully point this out to him and ask if has posted on those sites and under what name. There could be a good reason but I think I would find out more before sending money. Has he sent pictures? Tell him to take a picture with a quarter laying by the part, or holding it in his hand or something so you can tell the size (keeps him from borrowing photos elsewhere). Try telling him you have a friend vacationing nearby and could he pick up the part(s). How does he want the money sent? Do you have his address?

Charlie Stephens

This message was edited by CharlieStephens on 11-26-15 @ 6:38 PM

jretter    -- 11-26-2015 @ 10:00 PM
  Great suggestions, Charlie. He responded to a classified "parts wanted" that I placed for a 34 door latch. May not be a member - just someone browsing. I'll be careful. Thanks for the tips. Jerry.

40 Coupe    -- 11-27-2015 @ 10:27 AM
  He should be able to send you photos of what he has for sale. This will not guarantee you but should add some confidence. Is he in the V8 Times roster of members?

This message was edited by 40 Coupe on 11-27-15 @ 10:30 AM

engine    -- 12-04-2015 @ 10:45 AM
  I was looking for a diaphram for a Columbia he said he had ,told him to send a pic gave a lame excuse about his camera not working. He said he was getting it fixed ,haven't heard from him since. Not going to send money out to someone like that.

40 Coupe    -- 12-05-2015 @ 4:31 AM
  Just a suggestion: Don't use a persons given name in postings. If they have screen names OK. There are some people that do not want their personal, given name, in a couple of form postings on the web and may not want to do business with the person who posted the name. Buying parts, from private parties, over the web can be somewhat nervy but there are several forms devoted to security and several postings on web pages devoted to just this. Do a search for how to buy and sell on the web.

trjford8    -- 12-05-2015 @ 1:11 PM
  This guy is a scammer. he responded to one of my want ads also. His opening line is "hey buddy, I have the parts you need". Put him on your list of overseas scammers.

engine    -- 12-11-2015 @ 8:03 AM
  He started that way with me also,people need to know of this guy.

1937sedandelivery    -- 12-11-2015 @ 4:03 PM
  exact same signature as when he scammed me, it was several months back. Stay away.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=9171