Topic: PM (Private Messaging) e-mail Notification Problem

len47merc    -- 11-07-2015 @ 12:53 PM
  This is FYI - for those of you using PM - personal messages/messaging - on this forum, the e-mail notification feature has not been working for some time now. While some of you may already know this, many of us have randomly checked our EFV8 Forum Inboxes and found e-mails from weeks or even months back for which no e-mail notifications were received. In following-up on this with the web administrator of the EFV8 web site, the following (slightly paraphrased) reply was received (again, this is FYI only):

"You have reached the web administrator of the Early Ford V-8 Club web site. I am sorry that you, and others have been experiencing problems with (personal e-mail) notifications about receiving personal (message) emails from others. The problem is that this site was created by a previous hosting company, and our current hosting company has had to try and keep it working, even though they did not create it. This is one of the problems that they have been unable to fix. I will tell you that since late April, the current hosting company has been working to create a brand new site for us. While currently in the testing stage, we have no release date for moving to it. While this does not solve the problem, the new site will be up to date, and be one designed by the hosting company that we currently use, and not a site that they have had to support.

Until the time that we move to the new site, personal email notifications (i.e., your personal EFV8 Forum Inbox) will have to be (routinely, periodically) checked manually by each user instead of relying on an e-mail to notify (of a received PM in your EFV8 Forum Inbox)."

Steve

MG    -- 11-07-2015 @ 5:05 PM
  Thanks for the info, Steve....

JM    -- 11-08-2015 @ 11:46 AM
  After reading this thread, I looked at my inbox and found about four messages that I was not aware of and of course had not answered. So my apologies to those who sent me messages and recieved no replies. I will make an effort to go back and reply to these.

John

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=9127