Topic: 1936 4 door sedan

Maxammuscle    -- 10-10-2015 @ 12:49 PM
  Not real good at this but here goes. My dad called and asked me to find out what his car was worth. Its a 1936 Ford Sedan and has been in his garage since I left for the Marine Corps in 1982 it is all original and he said that it has every option that they offered. Water meeter inside, dual horns, dual tail lights etc. I was out there last year and helped him dig it out and put out back in the shed. It has either 36K or 46K orig miles on it, no rust other than minor surface rust. It has all the original mole hair interior but i'm sure it would fall apart if someone set in the seats. I have some pictures that I took last year on my other computer at my office and will try to post them later. I am planning a trip next month to go back and Would be able to take specific pictures at that time. I am trying to find out what it is worth so he can sell it. He is 75 and will never do anything with it. If anyone is interested in either looking at it or would like to give me some idea as to the value I would really appreciate it. I know that this looks like one of those barn find stories that no one ever finds but its not. The car is in the ST Louis area and I would be happy to talk to you if your interested. I don't want to put my phone number out there but if you know how to send a private message I will call you if you give me a number.

Maxammuscle

ford38v8    -- 10-10-2015 @ 1:03 PM
  Don Rogers is your man to see, and right in your area. He might even know your father. Send him a PM.

Alan

VT/JeffH    -- 10-11-2015 @ 2:52 PM
  Hi Everyone, Don Rogers has a post in the '36 Air Cleaner thread. I'd suggest PM'ing him. SERIOUSLY KNOWLEDGABLE about '35-'36's!

-VT/JeffH

1934 Ford    -- 10-12-2015 @ 6:19 AM

I'm glad you are going to get somebody to look at it. Any car parked for 33 years will have serious issues just from the passage of time. Even if a #1 car when parked, it will be a #4 by now. It may be easy to get it going and returned to a #3 car, but it could also be a $30,000 job. Value will be determined totally by the refurbishment costs, which could exceed the value of the car when done.
My guesstimate would have to be based on it being a #3 or better when parked and #5 now, $6000-$8000 because 33 years dead is to long to be real encouraging.

1934 Ford's since 1972

Maxammuscle    -- 10-14-2015 @ 6:49 PM
  Thank you for your input it is appreciated for sure. I went to another tread and sent him a PM with no response. I will get with mu father and let him know your thoughts. I did tell him that probably be less 7K so I wasn't off by much.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=9067