Topic: 41 Rear Fender Stone Guards

EdB    -- 03-08-2010 @ 1:48 PM
  Have seen pictures of these fender guards, but the suppliers that i am aware of carry 42-48 guards. Can these be fitted to a 41, or where might I look? Thanks.

supereal    -- 03-08-2010 @ 2:14 PM
  None of the pictures of the '41's that I have show them with the rear fender stone guards that were common from '42 thru '48. I assume that is why they are unavailable. I did see one car with a stainless steel version of the guard in place, but it likely was adapted for the purpose. The station wagon version of the guard may be a close fit, but I doubt you would want to spend $300 to find out. The rubber cover of the guards is bonded to a steel plate that contains the mounting studs, and would take considerable effort to adapt them.

42wagon    -- 03-08-2010 @ 4:38 PM
  Ed
I have looked through all the books of Ford pictures that I have. There are no pictures of 41s with the rubber fender protectors. I would have to say that they did not appear to 42. My guess would be that it would be difficult to modify the 42-48 protectors to fit a 41.
Ted

trjford8    -- 03-08-2010 @ 8:41 PM
  41's did not have fender/stone guards. I'm sure there were some aftermarket guards for these cars from places like Western Auto , etc. Every now and then this type of stuff shows up on e-Bay. I bought a bull nose hood ornament for my neighbor for his 53. I haven't seen another one since I bought it and it was made by some aftermarket company.If you do find some fender guards you will have to drill some holes to mount them on your fenders.I'm not sure I would drill holes in fenders to put on an accessory.

Steves46    -- 03-09-2010 @ 3:32 PM
  As Supereal and TrjFord mentioned,I suspect they were aftermarket add-ons. There is however a photo of a black 41 Coupe with the stainless guards on the back cover of the 41 thru 48 Ford book.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=905