Topic: 1939 Ford 2dr Deluxe sedan

Bongo    -- 08-19-2015 @ 7:33 AM
  Does anyone know the address and phone number of a reputable person that can do some work on this car to make it road worthy? My health will not let me complete the jobs. I live in Saratoga Springs NY 12866. Thanks

TomO    -- 08-19-2015 @ 7:44 AM
  On the Home Page of this site, there is a directory of Regional Groups. Pick the one that is closest to you and contact them for advice.

Tom

trjford8    -- 08-19-2015 @ 5:55 PM
  In addition to TomO's advice if you have the latest V-8 club roster check page #9. It also lists all the New York Regional groups. Call the one nearest you and they can help. Also check the services section in the back of the V-8 Times. You might also ask this question on the Early Ford V-8 Foundation website. www.fordv8foundation.org.

This message was edited by trjford8 on 8-19-15 @ 5:56 PM

42oink    -- 08-20-2015 @ 8:37 AM
  Hi, First, let me echo the previous answers, that you find out if there are fellow restorers in your area via the regional groups or the v8 membership roster (I suspect there is). But for a general idea of what to expect, and this comes with the disclaimer that I have not been there (I'm in NC), but have friends who have and say it is a good shop, talk with the folks out at Rolling Bones Rod Shop in Greenfield Center. They may or may not be interested in doing small jobs (they build street rods) but may be able to steer you in the right direction. I would be surprised and a little disappointed to hear that there are not Ford tinkerers in your area that would help you out. I used to live on Beekman Street in Saratoga when I was first married. Nice town! Good luck. And hope I didn't offend anyone sending you to a hot rod shop. Ron

42oink    -- 11-05-2015 @ 11:04 AM
  hi bongo, I was curious to find out if you have been to Rolling Bones yet. I sometimes see answers to questions and wonder if the fix or info has helped or hurt. Just leave a note on this page one way or the other. I expect it will be snowing soon, but spring in Saratoga in an old Ford sure sounds nice! Enjoy...

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=8882