Topic: 2015 Central National Meet - 7-21 update

nelsb01    -- 07-21-2015 @ 1:26 PM
  First, again thank you so much for all your emails, calls, and Forum posts. We really appreciate the support for the planning the committees did, even if you did not get to see the outcome of their work.
Now, the news of the day---- CRAGUN'S has informed us that they currently are issuing deposit refunds to those that registered with CRAGUN'S by credit card. Those that registered by check will have to wait a little bit longer as they process those.

We will keep you informed.

Bruce Nelson / Pat Minor
2015 Central National Meet co-chairs

JT Ford    -- 07-22-2015 @ 8:21 AM
  What do you mean by "deposit refunds"? There was no deposit, my charge was $998.00.

JM    -- 07-22-2015 @ 10:05 AM
  Bruce, thanks for the update. Please keep us posted on any other new developments related to the Brainerd Meet.

John

VT/JeffH    -- 07-22-2015 @ 1:33 PM
  Hi Everyone, I had a very memorable trip, nearly all in a good way. I used the extra time to visit Auburn for two days, Dearborn for two days, Dayton, Springfield OH, and Fallingwater in the hills southeast of Pittsburgh.

As for Cragun's, I paid $125 to reserve the room [Edit, I shared a room], by check. I believe that will come back by check sometime in the future.

I paid $374 on plastic when I checked in. That money landed back in my account today.

Every person at Cragun's went out of their way to be helpful. This is their resort, and I don't doubt they were hurting at the sight. So thanks to them.

If there's another meet at this site, I'll sign up immediately. I was looking forward to enjoying the resort. For the short time I had a room, it was the best one I had on the whole trip!

-VT/JeffH

This message was edited by VT/JeffH on 7-22-15 @ 1:37 PM

37V8    -- 07-22-2015 @ 2:49 PM
  "If there's another meet at this site, I'll sign up immediately. I was looking forward to enjoying the resort. For the short time I had a room, it was the best one I had on the whole trip!"
-VT/JeffH

Sure, you had a high powered roommate...
(One of the meet co-chairs)

Although you were the one doing all the charging
Bryan

VT/JeffH    -- 07-22-2015 @ 5:56 PM
  Hi Everyone, Full disclosure... Bryan was one of my best road buddies this trip. We hung out on the way to the meet, on the way back, and after we split up so he could head home, we met up again a couple of days later in Dearborn for a very exclusive show and the next day a visit to The Henry Ford Museum.

Bryan, by my comment about the nice room. Yes I did have the meet co-chair as my roomie. Pat Minor was a great guy to hang with for the short time we were at Cragun's, I saw him being helpful the whole time! But our room was exactly the same size and layout as JM and Glenn's that we camped out in for hours Sunday night and early Monday morning.

We just couldn't see the downed siren housing from our balcony.

As for doing charging... I had an inverter plugged into the cigar lighter outlet of my tow vehicle, then a power strip, with as many phone chargers as people wanted to hook up. I was a doofus because my outlets work even when the truck (BrandX 2500) is off!

-VT/JeffH

nelsb01    -- 07-22-2015 @ 9:19 PM
  As Jeff mentioned -- deposit and charges are being refunded. Sorry for any confusion.

And, the Early Ford V-8 Club of America banner is still flying proudly above the front entrance. CRAGUN'S has re-opened on a limited basis as of today.

37V8    -- 07-23-2015 @ 4:09 AM
  I'm amazed that Cragun's could open now even on a limited basis. One of the crew bosses there Monday said they'd be open in two weeks. Still hard to believe.

I'm with Jeff on returning if there is ever another meet here or in the area in the future.
Bryan

VT/JeffH    -- 08-10-2015 @ 11:07 AM
  Hi Everyone, I got a check from Cragun's today for the $125 that I paid to reserve 1/2 of a room.

I also got my July/August V8 Times!

A good day.

-VT/JeffH

nelsb01    -- 08-10-2015 @ 9:49 PM
  VT/JeffH..........
Not only will you have gotten your money refunded, you will also be getting a special thank you note from CRAGUN'S with an unique souvenir. Watch for it.
Again, thanks for all that attended -- we just wish that we could have been there longer.

Bruce Nelson / Pat Minor
Co-chairs

JM    -- 08-13-2015 @ 8:44 AM
  Bruce, big thanks to you and Pat. I have received everything you have mentioned here from Cragun's and the EFV-8 Club. I doubt if any other co-chairs of previous national meets have ever had to deal with anything quite like this one. You guys did a fine job.

John

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=8769