Topic: 51 Ford car dashboard colors

LazarusLong    -- 05-30-2015 @ 5:41 PM
  What color would the dashboard be on a 51 Ford car that had yellow or green exterior,with green interior?

My car was originally black,but I am going to repaint it either the pale yellow or Hunter Green,and will be using a Labaron Bonney green interior kit.

trjford8    -- 05-31-2015 @ 9:10 AM
  In looking at the colors for the '51 cars I do not see Hunter Green. I do see Hawthorne Green Metallic, Sea Island Green and Greenbriar Metallic. Knowing which color and the model and body style will help determine the dash and molding color. Do you have the V-8 Club's 49-51 Restoration Guide? There is much information n on interior colors and upholstery on page 3-9. If you don't have the book it might be very helpful to you.

LazarusLong    -- 06-04-2015 @ 5:35 PM
  Thank you for your reply and the information.

Yes,I do have the club book,but can't find it right now and don't remember seeing many dashboard colors in it.

The Hunter's Green is a 49 color,but to me it looks just like the 51 Greenbriar Green.

Since I live up a dirt road I am leaning towards the Sea Island Green or the Sea Island Green for an exterior color. Or a pale yellow.

Wish I could figure out how to post photos here so I could post an example or two of what I am looking at.

To be honest,the more I look at those 49-51 paint chips,the more they start to look alike to me,and the less they look like the paint I have seen on actual cars.

Either way I am planning on using a darker green as close to the original green upholstery material as possible for the dash if it was a factory option.

I would like to know what color the dashboards were in 51 for the various shades of green or yellow,though.

TomO    -- 06-06-2015 @ 8:09 AM
  Posting pictures is easy once they are in your computer.

Resize your photos to a width of approximately 1024 pixels.

Click on REPLY

Click on the BROWSE box next to IMAGE ATTACHMENT, below this reply box.

Navigate to the folder with your photo in it and double click on the photo.

You can only post one photo per reply, but you may reply to the same post many times.

Tom

This message was edited by TomO on 6-6-15 @ 8:09 AM

LazarusLong    -- 06-14-2015 @ 5:37 PM
  Ok,here we go! Ok,scr*w*d it up.

This message was edited by LazarusLong on 6-14-15 @ 5:43 PM

LazarusLong    -- 06-14-2015 @ 5:42 PM
  Let's hope it works this time.

IIRC,this color is officially called Sportsman Green.

VICTORY! Thank you,TomO!

This message was edited by LazarusLong on 6-14-15 @ 5:43 PM

TomO    -- 06-15-2015 @ 7:52 AM
  The 1951 interior colors that I could find are:
Brown Metallic M14560
Green Metallic M14561
Blue Gray Metallic M14562
Gray Metallic M14569

Tom

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=8565