Topic: Replacement Keys

Colin    -- 02-24-2010 @ 4:28 AM
  Last week while I was away from home some low life scum broke into our house causing much damage and stealing many things including all the keys to our cars and the spare keys and most of the lock codes. I need to find someone who can cut new keys for the Ford cars (1930's Hurd Locks) and also for a 1920's Overland. I am in England so I need someone who is willing to send the keys to me. This is not a scam as I am a member of EFV8 and I am listed in the directory. Thanks for your assistance.

Don Rogers    -- 02-24-2010 @ 7:53 AM
  Colin, I might be able to help if you have the codes for the keys that you need. The Fords will be an F*??? number and the overland should be OF501 thru OF750.

Let me know.

Don Rogers

Colin    -- 02-26-2010 @ 3:50 AM
  Don...thanks fpr your offer of assistance. At the moment I am waiting for the local locksmith to pick the doorlocks so that I can get into the lock cylinders. I can contact you outside of this forum via the Roster of you can let me know which State you live in. Thanks...Colin.

Don Rogers    -- 02-26-2010 @ 5:23 AM
  Colin, You can contact me at "convV8@aol.com"
I live in Missouri, near St. Louis.

Regards
Don Rogers

Fremont 40    -- 02-26-2010 @ 4:20 PM
  Colin--
Sorry to hear about the break-in.
Hey Don - could Jesser's Classic Keys help in this case? I've never used them, but they seem to know the most about keys for our cars. For Colin's benefit, their website is www.jessersclassickeys.com.
Good Luck.
Tom

lightflyer1    -- 02-28-2010 @ 11:13 AM
  That page says it requires a name and password.

39 Ken    -- 02-28-2010 @ 4:43 PM
  Google Jesser's Classic Keys. It will come up.

Colin    -- 03-02-2010 @ 9:43 AM
  Gentlemen...thank you all for your assistance. Once I have got the house and buildings insurance claims sorted I will get on to the cars...it all takes time and is frustrating...Many Thanks...Colin.

adyv8    -- 07-12-2010 @ 5:12 AM
  hi i too have lost my keys how did you replace yours
I too live in england
thanks ady 0116 2774232

40 Coupe    -- 07-12-2010 @ 8:11 AM
  to start finding the correct keys, remove the door lock cylinder by removing the small set screw on the side of the door. Usually the door lock cylinder has a code stamped on the outside, If yes or no take the cylinder to a lock smith and either have a key cut to the code or have one fitted to the door cylinder. The ignition cylinder is the same key as the door, unless one or the other have been replaced. If you can get the car running you can drive it back to the key shop and they can make a trunk key. If you can not find a key shop with the proper code book or the ability to fit a new key try Leon Rowell 1-641-623-1956

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=851