Topic: 40 Ford Sedan Delivery

1davepete    -- 05-07-2015 @ 4:24 PM
  getting mixed opinions(imagine that) on what the correct headliner is for a 40 SD. help would be appreciated.
understand someone in the Bay Area is currently restoring one. please call me at 707-484-6171 or email
1davepete@comcast.net
thanks, Dave Peterson
also what are the door panels suppose to be.

This message was edited by 1davepete on 5-7-15 @ 5:17 PM

TomO    -- 05-08-2015 @ 7:27 AM
  According to the Body Parts Catalog, it is a 3 piece cardboard headliner. I do not have color drawings of the inside of the sedan delivery.

Tom

1davepete    -- 05-08-2015 @ 10:48 AM
  Thank you Tom.
since this front area is a compound curve,the area above the windshield and above the side windows make using cardboard or a Masonite type product difficult to transition.
does anyone else have an idea how these areas are handled? don't know if that front third section came moulded from the factory to fit the curves?
has anyone seen a factory original piece in the Sedan Delivery. because it is cardboard not many would survive.

nelsb01    -- 05-08-2015 @ 9:25 PM
  From what I have seen, the poster board panels for the headliner were steam pressed (I believe) to create the curves in the corners. One of the unique machines that Henry had that made our Fords parts.
The door panels (front) were also a heavy poster board like material. The rear doors, I believe were metal inserts.

Hope this helps

TomO    -- 05-09-2015 @ 6:41 AM
  There is one drawing in the 1940 Dealer Album of the interior of the sedan delivery. It appears that the front piece just covered the area where the sun visors are.

I suggest that you look in your V-8 Club Roster for owners of the Sedan Delivery to see if you can get more information. I would also contact Lebaron Bonney as they may have a pattern from a previous restoration.

Tom

1davepete    -- 06-03-2015 @ 5:32 PM
  thank u for the info.
Lebaron has no patterns

trjford8    -- 06-04-2015 @ 5:36 PM
  Dave, did you happen to contact Glen Davis in Santa Barbara. He's in the current roster and has a '40 sedan delivery. Tom

HenryDominguez    -- 06-24-2015 @ 7:49 PM
  I'm working on a '40 sedan delivery, and I found this photograph in the Ford Archives. As you can see, the headliner consists of several "flat" pieces. I have some original pieces, and they are made of some type of fiber board about 1/4" thick. They are medium grey in color. Hope this helps....

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=8499