Topic: UK seller

ken ct.    -- 03-28-2015 @ 5:52 AM
  Anybody know a Steve Osborne from the UK. He answered my want ad from yesterday on a part I was looking for.Being from Uk im scepticle of his reply. The ad was clear what I need but he wants all kind of info on it which he should know. thanks for any feed back. ken ct.

37 Coupe    -- 03-28-2015 @ 6:31 AM
  Go for it Ken and let us know how it works out.

TomO    -- 03-28-2015 @ 7:57 AM
  Ask for a phone number and give him a call. A phone call is cheaper than the parts that you are looking for.

Tom

kubes40    -- 03-28-2015 @ 9:11 AM
  Steve is a great guy Ken.

1937sedandelivery    -- 03-28-2015 @ 9:43 AM
  I got a similar email from a Stephen Osborne too. Wasn't sure if he was legit. He asked for the same info that was in my add. hmmm...

CharlieStephens    -- 03-28-2015 @ 11:37 AM
  Tell him you have a friend vacationing in the UK (or maybe you have someone living there) and would like to have him stop by and look at the part and pay for it. Tell him you need his address. Has he sent you and pictures yet? Tell him to photograph it with a one pound coin next to it.

Charlie Stephens

37 Coupe    -- 03-28-2015 @ 12:15 PM
  Tell him you don't want the carburetor part painted you will spray bomb it yourself and post it for sale on the hobbyist classified section that states no business ads.

ken ct.    -- 03-28-2015 @ 4:58 PM
  Hey 37 coupe,their are NO snide remarks allowed here as on the ford-barn. So I would suggest you mind your own business !!!!! ken ct.

Stroker    -- 03-28-2015 @ 5:10 PM
  Ken: I have tried a couple of times to source a right-hand engine splash pan for my 38 using our classified parts wanted site. I have had some interesting responses that turned out to be bogus. Many of these folk are from near-east nations, and haven't a clue as to what you are seeking. Be careful!

Here in the US, PayPal is a trusted vehicle to transmit funds. If your respondent will not "do" PayPal, that is a first warning. I'm sure there are valid UK Ford folk who we don't want to exclude. The problem is with the scammers who will respond to you that they have the part, and all you have to do is send them money (preferably by mail order) Just be careful, as these scammers infest our parts wanted site.

ken ct.    -- 03-28-2015 @ 11:12 PM
  Thanks Stroker,im going to pass on this one , ive gotten this type before. Quick response and always from the UK all bogus offers. I'll wait for an honest usa club member with what im looking for. Thanks again. ken isidor ct.

trjford8    -- 03-29-2015 @ 7:58 AM
  A quick check in the V-8 roster for this guy's name as a UK club member will be the first step in seeing he is a "scammer". Most of the UK guys are buying parts from us rather than selling parts to us.

ken ct.    -- 03-29-2015 @ 10:32 AM
  Not listed there , thanks ken ct.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=8358