Topic: 32 truck fenders fit a coupe?

MICHV8    -- 03-06-2015 @ 3:02 PM
  I'm trying to avoid fiberglass fenders if at all possible and might have a lead on 32 pickup truck fenders. Are they the same as as coupe fenders and what kind of dollar value should they cost? Thanks again...

42oink    -- 03-06-2015 @ 4:22 PM
  Greetings, I'm no expert on truck vs coupe fenders (suspect not the same,tho) but rather than fiberglass on such a nice car, may I suggest Brookville roadster steel reproduction. I've only heard good things about them and they look great. Price is about $525 each, but you'll be happy and considering how much body work and paint can cost, maybe money ahead. Good luck. Ron.

3w2    -- 03-06-2015 @ 6:30 PM
  Not even close to one another except sitting on the ground inside down and viewed from a distance. A better bet are '33-'34 pickup rear fenders as the amount of modification involved into converting them into '32 pickup fenders is relatively modest.

Or if true, the rumor that the folks who are reproducing the steel '32 five-window coupe bodies are going to reproduce the pickup rear fenders could make waiting worthwhile.

Otherwise, a good, not perfect, set of original '32 pickup rear fenders seems to be in the neighborhood of $1,000 when they show up for sale.

CharlieStephens    -- 03-06-2015 @ 9:44 PM
  I think I am missing something. Are we talking about front or rear fenders? 3WC is right about the rear fenders. The 1932 pickup truck and coupe use the same front fender. Just be sure they are 1932 truck and not 1933-34 truck. If they are 1933-34 they will have a small raised area to clear the rivet heads at the front crossmember. There are other small differences that will drive you crazy but the small raised area is the first clue.

Charlie Stephens

MICHV8    -- 03-07-2015 @ 7:14 AM
  thanks to all...
The seller claims to have front grille and fenders from a 32 pickup, but I haven't seen them.
So it sounds like front 32 pickup are the same as a coupe, but rears not a match. What would halfway decent front fenders cost...$1500 a pair? Is the pickup grille anything close to the coupe?

This message was edited by MICHV8 on 3-7-15 @ 7:22 AM

nelsb01    -- 03-07-2015 @ 8:19 AM
  MICHV8:
We got you covered. Go to the home page, on the left side under Car Information, click on the Grille Line Drawings and you can compare the front ends of passenger car to commecial pickup. You will see that commercial has more of a slope to the grille.

This message was edited by nelsb01 on 3-7-15 @ 8:21 AM

1932BB    -- 03-07-2015 @ 10:05 AM
  The line drawing of a 32 commercial is not accurate as it should show a vertical grill sh*ll. The commercial sh*ll would fit a coupe but would not look as good as a car sh*ll as the commercial sh*ll is a one piece outfit and has been described as a plain jane.

CharlieStephens    -- 03-07-2015 @ 11:54 AM

I believe the pickup grill sh*ll will fit but you also need a different radiator cap. I would suggest swapping the grill sh*ll if you get it, the pickup sh*lls are hard to find and don't (in my opinion) look as good as the passenger car grill sh*lls.

Charlie Stephens

This message was edited by CharlieStephens on 3-7-15 @ 11:55 AM

42oink    -- 03-12-2015 @ 9:44 AM
  MICHV8, Just a bit confused. Your topic says "truck fenders fit a coupe". All the discussion seem to be about truck fenders. Do you have a coupe or a truck??? The answer will at least help me sleep! Thanks.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=8288