Topic: Ford Service Manual

billjonkey    -- 03-02-2015 @ 7:46 PM
  I have a 1934 Ford pickup recently purchased. I was provided with 2 manuals: Ford Service Bulletins and 32-41 Ford/Merc Shop Manual and I purchased the Early Ford V8 33-34 Restoration Manual.

I am not an expert so I need schematic drawings and good instructions when it comes to removing a distributor, repairing brakes, radiator parts, normal shop issues. I find the above manuals do not really address these issues for the beginner.

Can anyone out there recommend a comprehensive and illustrated shop manual dealing with such issues.

Thanks so much...Bill

alanwoodieman    -- 03-02-2015 @ 8:28 PM
  I would look for a Motors Manual, Chilton, etc from the era. Not too hard to find and the chilton's were reproduced in the 90's. Look on e-bay, amazon, etc. Now here it comes, most of these manuals were created for a mechanic with basic skills and you may not see what you are looking for.

TonyM    -- 03-03-2015 @ 11:05 AM
  One of these might help.

78-730B

mrtexas    -- 03-03-2015 @ 7:25 PM
  IMHO their is nothing out there as good for v8s as what the Model As have in the Les Andrews books. Model A Service Bulletins are much better for Model A than the v8 SBs. But hey, early v8 are as simple as they get.Distributor work? Send it out as special equipment is needed to time them.
Engine work likely have to be sent out. I just got thru a nut and bolt restoration on a 36 woodie without an instruction manual. I recommend the Early v8 club manual like you bought. I got the one for 35/36 and it has lots of good information. Chassis and body book is good as well. Wiring couldn't be easier as not much wiring there anyway. Early v8 book for 35/36 has the diagram and I suppose the 34 book has it as well. Don't be discouraged about lack of books. Have questions? Ask the Fordbarn.

This message was edited by mrtexas on 3-3-15 @ 7:31 PM

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=8271