Topic: 38'deluxe club convertible top frame

railroadlarry    -- 02-16-2015 @ 1:52 PM
  I recently bought a 38'club coupe convertible that is missing a roof& frame among other things!i've located most of what I need to continue the restoration but the top will be a problem as there are 3 convertible tops that year! any suggestions or guidance from you folks??? regards larry

TomO    -- 02-17-2015 @ 8:07 AM
  Check out the Club's 38-39 book and the reprint of the 1937-1938 Body Parts List. If you belong to the Early Ford V-8 Club, you can contact the Club's adviser for 38 cars.

Tom

drkbp    -- 02-18-2015 @ 10:11 AM
  railroad,

Only to add to what TomO has said, the Club has a back seat and the rear bow extends to cover it. I have '35 and '38 Cabriolets which have the short top, 760's I believe. You need the "Club" irons (non-rumble seat) because they make up the extra distance for the rear bow.

Short of finding a known set of "Club" irons, if you could find a set of original regular Cabriolet irons (760) I would get them. It may be just the short metal supports for the third bow that are different which could be fabricated easily if you found a Club to go by.

Ken

Grant    -- 02-19-2015 @ 5:31 AM
  You might want to try speaking to EFV8 club member John Hogg, whose lovely '39 Mercury convertible graces the cover of the January February 2015 V8 Times.

John is currently restoring a '38 convertible similar to yours.

His contact information is in the Roster under Ontario, Canada.

johnh6813    -- 02-21-2015 @ 6:12 PM
  I can help you with top information ,but hopefully you can help me I need information re the rear quarter inner panel the section that fits above the arm rest panel and from the door lock pillar to the rear seat back rest.are they metal or what? jtwo@simpatico.ca What top information do you wish

johnh6813    -- 02-21-2015 @ 6:15 PM
  I can help you with top information ,but hopefully you can help me I need information re the rear quarter inner panel the section that fits above the arm rest panel and from the door lock pillar to the rear seat back rest.are they metal or what? jtwo@simpatico.ca What top information do you wish

johnh6813    -- 02-23-2015 @ 5:22 PM
  Regarding your request for top information I can help you as I am restoring a 38 club and have the top assembly .I need information re the rear quarter inner panel are they metal what is there shape. So :do you have them, if so can you describe them .I need help. John. jtwo @sympatico.ca

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=8219