Topic: New Owner - 1947 Super Deluxe

robertiford    -- 02-02-2015 @ 3:44 PM
  I recently acquired a 1947 Super Deluxe Fordor. The chassis, motor, running gear and wiring have all been restored. However, many of the body parts (fenders, grill, bumper parts) and interior parts are in boxes. Can someone recommend a good resource so that I can identify what parts go where and also identify missing items. Thank you in advance.

fla48    -- 02-02-2015 @ 6:30 PM
  Welcome to the early Ford group. Sounds like you have found a nice car. There is a lot of information available for this particular car. The best bet is to join the Early Ford V8 Club. They have a book that you can purchase that is specific to the 42 - 48 Fords You do not have to be a member to purchase the book. They also publish a monthly magazine that covers all flat head fords (32-53). There are several suppliers for parts such as Mac's. C & G, and Bob Drake. There should be a member near you that can help you out. The club publishes a membership roster every year which lists all of the members and the local V8 clubs.
If you let us know the general area where you are located, it would help find someone in your area with similar likes who can help.
Good luck with the project.

flathead48    -- 02-03-2015 @ 3:55 AM
  Robertford, I have a 48, if I can be of help let me know, good luck and welcome, Rick

TomO    -- 02-03-2015 @ 6:36 AM
  I would recommend that you purchase the Body parts catalog and the chassis parts catalog in addition to the V-8 Club's book. There are re-prints of both of these books.

Tom

barrhavencobra    -- 02-06-2015 @ 3:41 PM
  Congrats. I too recently purchased a1947 Super Deluxe. I purchased a couple books including the 1941-48 Ford Book from this site. It is excellent, I highly recommend it. I also purchased a Service Manual, Ford , Mercury and Lincoln - 1946 thru 1948, lastly also bought Ford 1942-1948 Mercury Shop Manual - Service Manual. I think these 3 will cover off everything I need.

jim

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=8169