Topic: '36 Sedan brake light switch area

flatfoot    -- 01-30-2015 @ 9:27 PM
  What would be really helpful if someone had a photo of the brake switch and how the brake pedal comes into contact with the switch. Is there such a photo or a step by step how to instruction. 'cause looking under the car in this I cannot see how the brake pedal meets the switch. I can see the plunger, but not the brake pedal making contact or even close to making contact. Someone please help. thanks to all.

flatheadfan    -- 01-30-2015 @ 11:25 PM
  Hopefully, the enclosed picture will help. You may need to enlarge it. In use the brake switch rod comes into contact with a high spot on the pedal and is moved backwards as the pedal is depressed for the brake light response. It doesn't show it in the picture but the mounting slots are elongated on the switch mount for adjustment. The picture is from a '36 Ford.

Tom

Don Rogers    -- 01-31-2015 @ 9:29 AM
  Here are two photos showing a brake pedal assembly removed from a car. The brake light switch is shown with the pedal depressed and retracted.

Hope this helps.

flatfoot    -- 02-02-2015 @ 7:07 PM
  Hey, thank-you so much. Picture is worth a thousand words. Very Helpful.

flatfoot    -- 02-02-2015 @ 7:10 PM
  Hey Mr Don Rogers, Thank-you so very much. I hope I have the little plunger. I didn't notice it when I was laying down looking up at it; but, I wasn't looking for that either. Thanks again. I also sent you an e-mail for step by step instructions for R&I of the switch.

Thanks again.

Don Rogers    -- 02-02-2015 @ 8:35 PM
  Dale, The plunger is integral to the brake light switch. The long end is pushed in by the brake pedal when the brake pedal is retracted(not depressed) This opens the contacts and the brake lights go off. When the brake pedal is depressed the plunger extends and the contacts close turning the brake lights on.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=8158