Topic: 48 Pickup

johnmyron    -- 01-11-2015 @ 12:56 PM
  After doing frame off restorations on a 47 super deluxe sedan and a 53 sunliner convertible, I was foolish enough to start on a 48 F-1 pickup. Question is-Does anyone print a restoration manual for these trucks similar to those for the Autos? Cannot find on the website store.
Thanks,
John Wells

barrhavencobra    -- 01-11-2015 @ 1:56 PM
  Hello John, sorry cannot help you with your current dilemma, however just starting on a 1947 super deluxe rebuild and any advice or heads up would be appreciated.

Thanks,

jim

johnmyron    -- 01-11-2015 @ 7:51 PM
  Your info will be in the 2015 directory, and I will be happy to send you photos of the entire 3 1/2 year process, and answer questions. Or send me a private reply with your email address and will send info soon

trjford8    -- 01-12-2015 @ 9:13 AM
  The club does not have a book on the F-1 pickup, but we do have an advisor in the V-8 Times who can answer many of your questions. We also have some very knowledgeable guys on this forum that can also help. Our club advisor is James Wagner and I believe he wrote a book on Ford pickups. Also Mack Hils has written a book on Ford pickups.You might check Amazon for books also. Also shop around the books dealers (used and new) for a '48-'52 Ford Chassis Parts catalog. Lots of great drawings of parts, assemblies and part numbers. It would be very helpful to your restoration.

51f1    -- 01-13-2015 @ 4:09 AM
  I restored my 51 with a factory service manual, a parts book, looking at parts catalogs (there are many more now than when I restored my truck) and looking at every similar truck I could find. I also asked questions, although you have to be careful about using what people tell you. The manuals and parts books are on eBay.

If you have restored two cars, the truck should be easy.

Richard

This message was edited by 51f1 on 1-13-15 @ 4:16 AM

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=8098