Topic: 2015 Central National Meet

JT Ford    -- 12-09-2014 @ 5:30 PM
  New V-8 Times arrived today with the news! The Great NORTHWOODS GETAWAY at Brainerd, Minnesota. July 12-16
Good news to me as I'm only 225 miles away and will be going there..... I had been thinking about NC in June but its alittle far to go........This meet should be great, I have been to Gull Lake and its nice???
Thank you, RG #46

nelsb01    -- 12-09-2014 @ 7:00 PM
  JT.........
Glad you are excited. We are doing our best to pull this together in about 8 months. We feel your enthusiasm, and appreciate the support. Watch for the webpage and registration forms soon.

Bruce Nelson
Co-chair

JT Ford    -- 12-09-2014 @ 7:44 PM
  Bruce,
I didn't think anyone could get a National together that quick! I did really want to go to another one this year but NC was a long haul in the old '49. Your
49 should make this trip, its alot closer than Springfield. See you this Summer if the creek don't rise.

JM    -- 12-10-2014 @ 7:00 AM
  Way to go Bruce!! Thank you for stepping up to co-host the '15 CNM. I had heard some talk about this meet happening, but I guess this now makes it official. I have also heard some talk about a possible tour being put together heading North or Northwest after this meet is over. I am hoping to make both the ENM and CNM in 2015

John

This message was edited by JM on 12-10-14 @ 7:02 AM

trjford8    -- 12-10-2014 @ 2:55 PM
  We're planning to come out to the Eastern Meet. Never been to North Carolina and think it's time to add it to the "bucket list". We also want to go to Nashville while we are out there. which is another "bucket list" spot.

Cecil/WV    -- 12-11-2014 @ 7:13 PM
  We are planning to attend this meet.

Shiny side up! Cecil/WV

TonyM    -- 12-13-2014 @ 8:34 AM
  The page in the V-8 Times says that the price will be the same as in 2000. Well, what was that? Trying to plan now. I have a good idea about the lodging costs at Charlotte/Concorde, but what about Brainerd? How much is it going to cost for the week for lodging? We are trying to decide if we want to go to the Central or the Eastern or Both. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

78-73B

nelsb01    -- 12-13-2014 @ 8:25 PM
  OK, here is the information.
Included in the CRAGUN’S package are 4 nights lodging, and 9 wonderful meals (breakfast and dinner), including the Welcome Dinner and Banquet Luncheon. The room and meal package starts at $499 per person, double occupancy. Single rooms are $808. These prices include service charges and tax. And we can’t believe that these are the same prices as the 2000 Central National.
And did I mention that they are buffet meals. You should not go hungry.
Remember also, all rooms have refrigerator, microwave, fireplaces, coffee makers and a view of the lake and surroundings. You will also have access to all the resort activities: golf, fishing, boating, tennis, swimming.
There will be the Meet registration fee and small costs for 3 other activities, if you chose to participate.
Hope this answers your questions. Watch for the registration package and website soon.

Bruce Nelson
2015 Central National Meet
Co-chair

41-42fordadvisor    -- 12-14-2014 @ 9:53 AM
  Bruce, I'm not going to believe it until Fred and I are actually there at Brainerd. You wouldn't want to have been around me when I found out there was just going to be one National Meet next year. Well that's unheard of till you stepped in. But thanks to you FORDS are being celebrated not once but twice in one year. Thank you again. Marianne Killian

nelsb01    -- 12-14-2014 @ 3:15 PM
  Marianne;
You are always welcome here in MN. Just like in 2013 on the way back from the Grand.
We look forward to you being here. And, you can bring Fred too!!

Bruce

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=7991