Topic: Spark plug size ???

Neverdone    -- 11-01-2014 @ 2:42 PM
  If someone could tell me the replacement for a Allstate 43-B skip the rest ..

Hello from a newbie in Northern Michigan ...and I did a search before posting

I am new to the “running “ flatheads as I finally found one and my question concerns SPARK PLUGS . This engine came from a running 1936 car . While it was out I figured I would change oil and plugs

1] Plug that came out was an Allstate 43 – B …..All the info I found said that the replacements could be NGK B-6L …..Autolite 216 or Champion H-10 ..I found the NGK’s but they are too small for the hole.

Vanpelts lists another plug …a Champion C 7… I could not find a listing for that but found a CJ7Y list on a conversation chart ..

Could anyone tell me what plug to get ? “Town “ is 20 miles so it is better to call around first and most likely will need to be ordered
Thanks
Oldog

ken ct.    -- 11-01-2014 @ 4:10 PM
  All the plugs you mentioned are 14 mm thread,you need 18 mm ones. Ive been using Champ D-21 in my 36 for going on 20 yrs.Nice hot plug that will burn off any carbon deposits on them Set @ .030 gap and will use a washer ken ct.

Neverdone    -- 11-01-2014 @ 4:36 PM
  Ken ...Thank you very much for your reply ...I have never had a problem cross referencing a spark plug before and it was driving me NUTS ... and "other" website "experts" were not helping much .

"Millimeters " never crossed my mind with 70+ year old iron ..... guess I should stick with my 1950's and 60's stuff......

My next question has to do with the leftover wires that were cut off with the engine extraction ....

Thanks again
Oldog

ken ct.    -- 11-02-2014 @ 4:26 AM
  I'll help if I can on that problem but you need to get a good clear wireing diagram which will show all colors and where they go. They are available from most ford vendors. ken ct. I have them BUT their in a telephone sized and the pages don't come out so cant print them out for you,sorry on that. Get a yr specific one to your car. ken ct. my cell is 1-203-260-5945 if you need more info.

This message was edited by ken ct. on 11-2-14 @ 4:28 AM

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=7882