Topic: '37 convertible sedan seat frame info needed

MyDads37    -- 09-12-2014 @ 5:46 PM
  Looking for a front seat and rear seat frame for a 1937 convertible sedan. I have been told that the front seat frame plays a critical role in the strength of the body and fastens to the B pillars to support the doors. My question is... Is this front seat frame unique to the 1937 year or is there a series of years that will work? Is there any photos available to view to see the frame that may be used to possibly fabricate one in the event one isn't available. Thanks for any and all replies.

trjford8    -- 09-13-2014 @ 8:50 AM
  I suspect that the 37-39 convertible sedan seat may be the same. Currently there is a 38 and 39 convertible sedan on e-Bay. In looking at the front seat it appears to be the same as the seat in a friend's 37 convertible sedan. There's little difference between the 37-39 bodies.

This message was edited by trjford8 on 9-13-14 @ 9:09 AM

MyDads37    -- 09-13-2014 @ 3:44 PM
  Thanks for the reply!
I've seen many photos of the 37 convertible sedans and it seems that no two seats are the alike. Some have what appears to be a separate piece behind the seat, others look like its just a seat back only. I guess my next step is to locate a body parts book and hopefully it shows an exploded view of the front seat and seat frame.You mentioned your friend has a 37 convertible sedan. Is it original? Would it be possible to post a few photos of the front seat critical spots?
Thanks again!

trjford8    -- 09-13-2014 @ 8:21 PM
  MyDads37, where are you located? if I know your location I may be able to refer you to some 37 people who can help.I can take photos and e-mail them, but it might be better if you can actually look at a car.

MyDads37    -- 03-18-2015 @ 4:47 PM
  Ok so its not the seat frame info I need.
I have since learned that there is a divider behind the front seat that is unique to the convertible sedan. It's a brace that ties the door pillars together and allows the front seat to adjust forward and back. My question is does anyone know where I can find one? Or offer any information about this piece. I'm sure it was used on other years as well.
Thanks for any and all replies.

trjford8    -- 03-20-2015 @ 9:26 AM
  Probably much the same from 37-39.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=7728