Topic: Operability--Concourse Fords

TonyM    -- 08-12-2014 @ 6:56 PM
  I am hoping I can get my car to the meet at Springfield next week. Jason of Advanced Electrical Rebuilders still has not repaired and returned my horns to me, so it looks unlikely that I will have operable horns on my Ford.

I looked in the Judging Manual--"The judges shall ask the owner or his representative to demonstrate the workability of all items or equipment." I would read this as saying that an auto with non functional horns or no horns at all would not be allowed to drive onto the concourse. Is that correct?

78-73B

This message was edited by TonyM on 8-13-14 @ 5:58 AM

JM    -- 08-12-2014 @ 7:57 PM
  I usually put my '35 fordor sedan in the Rouge class. When I left home with the car the horn worked. Drove ~ 100 miles to the Gettysburg meet, and stopped at Safety Inspection. Everything worked well except the horn. They okayed the car for judging with a request that I get it fixed asap. After I drove the car back home, the horn worked fine again. Not sure what make it work intermittently like that

John

TonyM    -- 08-12-2014 @ 8:01 PM
  I sent my horns for resto about two months ago, I have not got them back yet. Probably won't get them back in time. Does not look good.

78-73B

ford38v8    -- 08-12-2014 @ 8:30 PM
  Hi Tony, Don't think for a minute that the lack of a toot toot will get you bumped off the Concourse! The worst that could happen is if you're gonna get point judged, there would be:
A mandatory 3 point deduction at the Operational Check;
A standard 3 point deduction on the Concourse if the horns are incorrect;
Or a maximum 4 points if the horns are missing altogether.
That adds up to a maximum 7 points in any case.

If you read the above carefully, in my opinion you may easily and legally limit the deduction to 3 points.

You may be asked if the horns work, just be honest, but don't volunteer more information than you are asked.

Alan

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=7606